JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unreal. He gets attacked, and he's the one going to jail? That's just F'ed up.

Well, those that are passing such dangerous laws had better watch out for the wolves that reside in a well armed citizenry.

Actually, THEY are the wolves. The general population are the sheep. Guys like us are the sheepdogs. :)

Connecticut the land of the "limousine Liberal"....
….sending an uppity black man to prison for having the audacity to defend himself and not have a professional, armed bodyguard like they do.:rolleyes:

One little fact left out: "After being assaulted inside the coffee shop, Sumpter ran outside and stabbed one of the men."
Victim of Norwalk assault gets 18 months for not retreating

Mostly I find that when something sounds crazy, what's reported isn't a complete story - dare I say "fake news.".
Good eye. I missed that entirely. And it changes everything and makes the headline a lie. He was attacked and beaten. Then the attackers left the store. Then he ran outside and attacked and stabbed one of the attackers with a knife. That is certainly understandable. But it isn't self defense. It was a new attack that he chose to make. And he presumably didn't get convicted for standing his ground, but for himself initiating an attack. If he had stabbed an attacker in the store during their attack on him, it would probably have been called self defense.

Good eye. I missed that entirely. And it changes everything and makes the headline a lie. He was attacked and beaten. Then the attackers left the store. Then he ran outside and attacked and stabbed one of the attackers with a knife. That is certainly understandable. But it isn't self defense. It was a new attack that he chose to make. And he presumably didn't get convicted for standing his ground, but for himself initiating an attack. If he had stabbed an attacker in the store during their attack on him, it would probably have been called self defense.

Same. Changes the whole story.

I agree, once the threat has ended, it is no longer self defense.
I get it. Being young and aggression built up after being attacked. When does the event end in his mind? Still, the message the courts send out is the ultimate victim shaming.

As one sheriff said, just get a lawyer. It's no big deal, right? Doesn't everyone have a powerful union behind them?

States that prosecute victims for defending themselves, lets be honest the assault and intimidation could be on going if it was gang related and not three gentlemen going to bible school, want to strip toxic masculinity, they want people in the system so they can be easily controlled and want most people to accept they are subjects and not citizens

No love for CT and their mandatory gun registration (that still has under 10% compliance :D). The "Constitution State" is anything but in most cases. It is a beautiful state, though. Some friends live there and we last visited in Dec. 2012, just a week before Sandy Hook happened.

I agree with the others that recognized that he was no longer using "self-defense". Once the attackers left, his right to use deadly force left as well. He went from self-defense to vigilante. I totally get it though. If I had been attacked, as I'm sure anyone else would, I would want swift and sure justice. It's just human nature to want to pay back for harm. But we all wish to follow the law when it comes to that kind of justice. So I feel for the guy, but he did overstep in this instance. I would hope that he ends up with maybe early release and a newfound understanding of the difference between self-defense and vigilantism.

It appears the spirit of George III is finally recovering his 'stolen' property. Now get to the fields you serfs...pay your taxes and obey!!

It appears the spirit of George III is finally recovering his 'stolen' property. Now get to the fields you serfs...pay your taxes and obey!!

In the spirit of how things are going across the pond, no doubt this event will help lead to knife registration and confiscation, just like they're doing in London these days. Won't be long before toothpicks will be banned for being too pointy. o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top