JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How do you think he bought the bars???

I own rental properties. Even if I wasn't collecting rent, each one of them was 100-125K down payment. The same concept applies. It takes money to buy or build a business.

Even so, having to pick between financial ruin and defending yourself isn't a good quandary to have in the spur of the moment.

Even so, having to pick between financial ruin and defending yourself isn't a good quandary to have in the spur of the moment.

True, but that wasn't the point. Someone wondered if he would use a public defender on account of being able to afford his own counsel or not.

My point was that he has several bars, he has money.

Your point of whether he is making money off them right now or not has nothing to do with the original point that he has money, as I noted, it takes money to buy several bars. I myself had been looking at buying some in 2019. Super glad I didn't since COVID hit. Even rentals with eviction moratoriums give me pause now. But at least they are not "shut down".

How do you think he bought the bars???

I own rental properties. Even if I wasn't collecting rent, each one of them was 100-125K down payment. The same concept applies. It takes money to buy or build a business.
Oddly enough many business "Owners" do not own anything. If none of your rentals are rented they are no longer income properties. If a bar "Owner" is not allowed to operate capacity (if at all) how much might it be costing out of pocket to keep said bars hoping to outlast the present stupidities?

Update:
The person now charged after not being charged by the DA, Jake Gardner, took his own life in Hillsboro, OR today. He had to flee his state because of all the death threats. He was scheduled to turn himself in this evening.

I've looked into this case a little but I will not pretend to know all the facts. I do know that the District Attorney's Office, the folks who have an ethical responsibility to charge people who they believe they can secure a conviction on, did not charge him. Sending the case to the grand jury after this decision is only due to political pressure. So mob politics caused the death of this person by his own hand.

Sad times.

Update:
The person now charged after not being charged by the DA, Jake Gardner, took his own life in Hillsboro, OR today. He had to flee his state because of all the death threats. He was scheduled to turn himself in this evening.

I've looked into this case a little but I will not pretend to know all the facts. I do know that the District Attorney's Office, the folks who have an ethical responsibility to charge people who they believe they can secure a conviction on, did not charge him. Sending the case to the grand jury after this decision is only due to political pressure. So mob politics caused the death of this person by his own hand.

Sad times.
Holy crap. That's terrible. Sometimes I feel these times are desensitizing me to the plight of others, but this one genuinely upsets me. Injustice at its absolute worst.

The admissible posts should have a "time limit". To show his "present" state of mind.

In other words.......
NOT.....posts made __X___ days/weeks/months/years ago.

But, what do I know about a "Fair Trial"?

Aloha, Mark

There is the First Amendment to our constitution that protects free speech and then there is political correctness that inhibits free speech. I think that each man has to decide for himself as to where he stands with regard to his own self expression and be willing to fight and die for that position. It's called patriotism.

The admissible posts should have a "time limit". To show his "present" state of mind.

In other words.......
NOT.....posts made __X___ days/weeks/months/years ago.

But, what do I know about a "Fair Trial"?

Aloha, Mark
How would this be applied to a certain former vice president? :s0100:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews