JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone have any experience with SFD - Self Defense Fund?

I am not looking for a comparison of benefits for CCW Insurance/protection as I have read through several posts and done comparisons and it seems coverage from Self Defense Fun is very broad which is lacking in other choices (covers attorney fees, bail, expert witnesses, court costs, etc etc with certain limits of course ). As we all know by now USCCA is not a choice in Washington which is where I reside and their ultimate plan seems to come very close to USCCA coverage options

SDF: Self Defense Fund Protects You When You Are Protecting Yourself

USCCA is a joke IMO. I used to be a member. I called them and asked them if they would insure me if I was at work. After a few questions, they told me "nope we won't cover you, that's your employer's obligation". Excuse me? never once did you have an issue taking my money, but now you gonna hide behind some BS legal writing to get out of your obligations? the heck with them. So maybe it's not all that bad that Washingtonians don't have access to USCCA.

After reading their terms and conditions, and the fact they use the same "not insurance" disclaimer as previously state-attacked companies, I am doubtful of their capitalization and reliability and will not be purchasing anything from them. Insurance companies that follow insurance laws are vetted to ensure they can pay claims and aren't blowing all of the premiums while leaving lunch money in the bank for potential claims. My opinion is that the attempt to avoid insurance oversight means that here there isn't a guarantee that those reserves would exist when needed, but hopefully they could prove that they are keeping reserves. I would also ask them exactly who their panel attorneys are.
And asking every member who signs up to indemnify them and to only resolve disputes in a Texas court? I won't agree to that.

USER 1234, thanks for your comments and taking time to read the T&C's for SDF ... I did see the comment about handling of disputes in Texas court only, that seems to be for any disputes between the member and the Fund itself , not for the member in a defense case in whatever state ... so I was ok with that. Excellent questions on financial health and a review of their attorneys which I am following up on. Again, thanks for your perspective!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top