Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Self Defense: 67 Year old man defends himself on bus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by treemanx, Feb 17, 2010.

1. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Just a warning: the video is somewhat graphic (blood) and has some language. I hope I don't get trouble for posting this, but I just thought NWFA would love to see this 67 year old man defending himself against a younger, stronger?, opponent. I didn't have have very good sound for the video, so all I mostly heard was the louder obscenities, but someone with good sound might be able to make out what they are arguing about. So here it is:

link

2. wavo

wavo Portland Member

Saw this yesterday, it has caught like wildfire across the internet. I'm not sure what started all the bickering and arguing, but there was something definitely satisfying about seeing a man 3x older than the punk defend himself. The old guy actually moved up to the front of the bus even though he didn't really stop bickering...crazy. There was a lot of speculation on several comments that the old guy's fanny pack could've contained a concealed carry firearm, who knows...

All in all I guess it goes to show you really shouldn't mess around with an old guy who wears a shirt that says "I am a bad Mother ******"

3. treemanx

4. treemanx

Yeah, definitely crazy. Not sure who to say was in the right here, it seemed as though both of these guys were asking for trouble. But I do agree, there is something satisfying in seeing this old guy opening up his old can of whoop a$$!

5. treemanx

And another link on this fight.

6. gunnails

gunnails Hillsboro Active Member

beatdown.gif

ambulamps2.jpg

7. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]

:funnypoint:

8. longcolt

longcolt Zephyrhills, FL Active Member

I had to laugh at that one!:)

9. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

I love that
    "We got it on video, we can press charges!"
    I can just see after that
    Policeman "Um...here rewind real quick, see this part here, where you hit him first? Yea..he called ahead and told us to watch for that part, put your hands behind your back please"

10. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

1. old white dude left his spot to remove himself from the situation
    2. younger black guy kept running his mouth (as did old white guy)
    3. Young black guy went up to front of bus to keep talking isht.
    4. old white dude was sitting there in front of bus and was suckerpunched.
    5. old white dude pwned young guy.
    6. big talker got what he deserved.

ambalance.. ROTFL.

11. Tom

Tom sw Wa New Member

That was funny as can be! I loved the part after the oldguy gets off the bus and we hear the punk say "next time" How many times have you heard that? If I had to be honest, I might have uttered that a time or two myself, but since I don't have to be honest, I'll deny I ever was in the punks position:)

12. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

More like sucker tapped or sucker pushed... :laugh:

13. treemanx

I love when the thug is standing in the doorway of the bus after the old man kicked his butt, and he says:

"I'm a kick yo a$$"!!!!!

I was dying laughing, and then the infamous: "Ambulamps, ahneed da Ambulamps!"

14. gtslow

gtslow Issaquah New Member

Another reason to stay away from public transportation.

15. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

priceless!

16. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Anyone else hear the instigator behind the camera?

"Say it again pinkie"...

17. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

While it is emotionally satisfying to see the old guy kick the punks butt, for me his behavior is an example of what NOT to do. Yes he did walk away, but he continued to run his mouth and participate in the confontation.

As a concealed-handgun permit holder, I no longer have the luxury of engaging in verbal pissing matches with anyone, particularly in this day and age when anything I say or do is 5 minutes away from being posted on YouTube.

My responsibility as a pemit holder is to check my ego at the door and do whatever I have to do in order to disengage and de-escalate the situation. If that means keeping my mouth shut while someone verbally abuses me, then so be it. If they want to think I am a coward, then so be it. By refusing to participate in the argument, I am saving their life and they dont even know it.

Because I carry a gun, any altercation I find myself in is by definition life threatening. Therefore, I am legally and morally obligated to shut up and walk away, regardless of whatever words come out of the mouth of some lowlife punk.

18. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

exactly!

19. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Apparently Old Dude(tm) has been in altercations before, caught on video as well.

20. dobeman

dobeman Hillsboro Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Old Dude was no innocent bystander. He egged it on. And there's another video on You Tube of him after he got off the bus - he was full of freaky rage. Weirdo. But it was Bay Area, CA, was it not? What is it with public transportation and societal debris. Sorry.