JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been trying to find a 22 mag beehive. Seems like they are all 22 lr.

032EBF93-E896-4501-9A1A-B169DD8BF1B4.jpeg

I have a relative who ultimately died in the woods 1968 while logging who owned a 22mag pump with a 20mm Redfield he called his outlaw truck gun. This has taken at least eight deer in the Roseburg area. Most with a single shot, albeit he was a fantastic shot with me as a boy personally seeing him call a head shot on a dove @ 100 yards with a 300 magnum and not touching any breast meat!
That said, A 22 mag snub for anything but an in your face, inches away head shot would not be something I'd bet my life on, especially my family, though the amazingly loud crack and bright flash at night may scare away the half hearted, I doubt the motivated.

I don't think they got it wrong so much as their marketing team got it right. Twenty two hollow points have existed for a whole lot longer than those fancy rounds you listed. They've probably killed more everything than every other cartridge in the history of man. There is no reason to choose the magnum over long rifle in my opinion, unless a very long barrel is had
I think your first impressions are valid. The last part part is debatable to me as I beg to differ about choosing the 22 LR over the 22 WMR.

While the Ruger LCR 38 has a great mid-weight, non-stacking trigger, the rimfire LCR models require a much heavier trigger pull to insure a hard enough strike for primer ignition.

My wife prefers the light weight, low recoil Kel-Tec p32 for non-permissive environments.

While the Ruger LCR 38 has a great mid-weight, non-stacking trigger, the rimfire LCR models require a much heavier trigger pull to insure a hard enough strike for primer ignition.

My wife prefers the light weight, low recoil Kel-Tec p32 for non-permissive environments.
My Wife carried a P32 for many years. They were GREAT for people like her who are recoil sensitive. Her only gripe was the long trigger pull. One day when she was on her own a sales guy had her handle a Ruger LCPII in .380 and she of course loved the trigger. I warned her it would not work for her but she bought it anyway. Fired it for ONE round and that was the end of that. Year or so later they came out with the same pistol in .22 and we ended up with a few of those and she loves those. VERY much wish they would make one of those in .32 but does not seem to be going to happen sadly. They would be a perfect platform for the .32 for people like her who don't handle recoil well and still want an easy trigger.

My Wife carried a P32 for many years. They were GREAT for people like her who are recoil sensitive. Her only gripe was the long trigger pull. One day when she was on her own a sales guy had her handle a Ruger LCPII in .380 and she of course loved the trigger. I warned her it would not work for her but she bought it anyway. Fired it for ONE round and that was the end of that. Year or so later they came out with the same pistol in .22 and we ended up with a few of those and she loves those. VERY much wish they would make one of those in .32 but does not seem to be going to happen sadly. They would be a perfect platform for the .32 for people like her who don't handle recoil well and still want an easy trigger.
Welp…. I have the opposite problem .

My wife stole my G17 so now when I have more disposable income I need to buy another one - or maybe a G19 for her and hope she likes it lol.

Anyway…

Reliability on rimfire cartridges is the only (imo) valid drawback to them. A PUG is a great get off me gun and I sure as hell wouldn't stand still if someone was shooting me with a .22 anything.

Yes, the stopping power is not there but unless you get an almost perfect cranium shot, people do not just drop dead when shot anyway.

There are many situations where a kid or adult defended their home with a .22lr and they found the bad guy dead in the front yard after trying to run away and had bled out.

Yep,

Welp…. I have the opposite problem .

My wife stole my G17 so now when I have more disposable income I need to buy another one - or maybe a G19 for her and hope she likes it lol.

Anyway…

Reliability on rimfire cartridges is the only (imo) valid drawback to them. A PUG is a great get off me gun and I sure as hell wouldn't stand still if someone was shooting me with a .22 anything.

Yes, the stopping power is not there but unless you get an almost perfect cranium shot, people do not just drop dead when shot anyway.

There are many situations where a kid or adult defended their home with a .22lr and they found the bad guy dead in the front yard after trying to run away and had bled out.
If you owned the G17 prior to 1/31/23 and have a brace you can get a free stamp then get one of these B&T USWs. Ads ability to have non-moving red dot, vertical grip, stock. All in an extemely well built aluminum chassis. Easily will triple the range you can be accurate at.

I mean, no one wants to get shot with anything, but saying you don't want to get shot with it doesn't make it an appropriate defensive firearm, either 🤷‍♂️
The 22 magnum isn't a great stopper ballistic wise but if someone points it at a person being aggressive and the aggressor sees it there is a good chance he won't want to be shot.

Many years ago my nieces husband was working contracts on motel repairs. Didn't have the money to buy a good gun but had a 38 special Derringer, 2 shots. Was working in a motel room when a nut attacked him with a hatchet. He shot the nut with his Derringer and ended the fight.

Damn few guys here would carry a Derringer but when it's all you have it's what you use. Sometimes a 22 mag is all a person has.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top