JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All you need is the money. Then all the tech. Then the notion to use it all. Seems to me that the more complicated they make the plumbing the easier it will be to stop up the pipes.

Having said that, the last 4.1 off the Central Oregon coast at around 5 am caught me in bed sound asleep. I did not feel a thing. Have not felt any of the last bunch of smaller Cascadia quakes.

Sosss ... how big will the quake have to be for old coot me to feel it in SW Oregon? About 43W, 123N. Kinda. The larger Bug Out Bag, Vehicle, Wintertime, Earthquake bag is packed.

Will we need it? Dunno. About a one in five to one in 20 chance of the "Big One" hitting in my remaining anticipated life, depending who you listen to. Anybody into big wave surfing? :)

Many people have a smartphone, most (all?) of which has a sensor in it that this app can use.

The app is free.

Like you, I have slept through some earthquakes. The last one I remember actually feeling was a 6.2 in Anchorage and I thought that was a truck driving by the pawn shop/surplus store I was in because the busy street it was on was right next to the road.

I work on the second floor of a 9 floor office building. It was build as a warehouse built in 1920 and is probably more earthquake resistant than many newer office buildings as there is a concrete pillar every 20 feet throughout the building - OTOH, it seems to have a lot of brick outer walls.

So I would want - if possible - whatever warning I could get so as to not have seven or eight stories of building pancaking down on top of me.

They are developing the system to give you a few seconds to even minutes warning. That may be enough to get out of a dangerous area.

Yeah that's the last thing I need. Like you said earlier, I don't wanna be tracked and such...."I'm from the government and I'm here to help"......

This may be good for some people but not me. If the ground moves under my feet I know somethings wrong. I've managed to survive a few so cal earthquakes without the help of google, yahoo, or whatever....I'll use my feet....

I like the idea of the app.

excuse me while I play devils advocate for a minute.... Who cares if the govt or google is tracking you? what can they possibly do with the 320 million location data of everyone, every day?

excuse me while I play devils advocate for a minute.... Who cares if the govt or google is tracking you? what can they possibly do with the 320 million location data of everyone, every day?
Well they can definitely prove when/where you were in the bathroom. But regarding privacy and tracking, etc I have stopped letting my phone browser accept cookies. I generally don't use apps that "require" my location info or other intrusive requests except navigation or a weather app. Yes, paranoia is a good thing.

Last Edited:

b7ef6070a852013415d4005056a9545d.gif
ba193300a852013415d4005056a9545d.gif

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews