JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Value is only in the eye of the beholder and what people are willing to pay. I'm not saying a weapon that has been coated is worth less, but it might not be worth any more to most buyers as well.

The premise would depend completely on what the firearm is.

A AR-15 you put together from misc parts could very well be worth a little more with a Cerakote finish.

A 1925 Winchester Saddle Ring Carbine in 30-30 could have its $1200.00 value cut to $400.00 or even more.

A Colt Python with a Cerakote finish would be worth less then one with its original finish

A Beretta 92 might be worth a little more with a nice Cerakote finish.

It all depends on what your talking about.

The premise would depend completely on what the firearm is.

A AR-15 you put together from misc parts could very well be worth a little more with a Cerakote finish.

A 1925 Winchester Saddle Ring Carbine in 30-30 could have its $1200.00 value cut to $400.00 or even more.

A Colt Python with a Cerakote finish would be worth less then one with its original finish

A Beretta 92 might be worth a little more with a nice Cerakote finish.

It all depends on what your talking about.

Plus with all the different colors,who knows if the buyer would want the same color you liked.

Ken= Japanese for sword

Jo
a firearm is a tool but humans are artists as well as artificers' and so there is always a desire to personalize an object, even stone axes are personalized. Many feel that a durable coating de-personalizes a firearm and so shun it; as one who has fought corrosion for decades before cerracoat arrived and settled on enamel paint to preserve the functionality of my tools I would pay extra for the coating having learned that tools only have value when used to accomplish a task. The more durable the tool, the higher it's value (which brings us back to stone axes.,, and my ex-wife) :)

I put a spoiler on my Pinto.. I easily doubled its value since it took a couple a fancy chrome nuts to bolt it on there. probably worth at least fiddy cent now

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top