Seekins vs Mega

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by spectra, Oct 10, 2013.

1. spectra

spectra
    The Couve
    Moderator Staff Member

Building another rifle and am a lefty so all my builds have been on Mega Billet sets with ambi bolt release. I just found out that Seekins makes a billet ambi also. Has anyone had any experience with Seekins and if so how do you like them? I love my Mega stuff but they are hard to find right now. Seekins is out there but the price is right there with the Mega stuff. Any info is great:thumbup:

2. Velzey

Velzey
    Estacada Gun Smith
    Büchsenmacher Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Seekins is really nice, they are my favorite! I know it all boils down to personal preference. I went with Seekins a couple years ago, their overall feel and finish really is something above the rest.

I have put 20k thru my sp223 and it still looks new! Im eyeing their iRMT-R upper right now....

3. mortar maggot

mortar maggot
    western wa

Either will be great, and you will be happy with either.

The Mega finish is that real dark black Vs. a more greyish finish of the Seekins'. If that matters to you.

Or just Duracoat it to your color of choice.

4. spectra

spectra
    The Couve
    Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the replys and that is the upper I would get if I go with the Seekins. I like the monolithic look and that upper is sweet looking. My only concern with the Seekins is if a Troy ambi mag release would work with it. I have one on my other Mega builds and it works great.

5. spectra

spectra
    The Couve
    Moderator Staff Member

Well just added another Mega to the family:thumbup: Found out the ambi mag release does not work with the Seekins. So tomorrow my FFL is receiving my new lower;) I really did like the mono look of the Seekins but that's the way it goes!

6. FZRider

FZRider
    Lacey, Wa

I have both...Mega Monolithic upper on a billet Seekins lower. I think they are both great manufacturers...Just liked the look of the Seekins lower a little more.

dxMUXyJ.jpg