JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have one and I love it. I have the 5" threaded bull barrel model and I'm impressed.

I have a gorillion Mini-Mags, so that's all it ate, but it's been fine with the 36gr. HP'S & the 40gr. copper. There were a few hiccups the first mag and then it just ran like a machine.
*Which it coicidentally is.

I didn't care for their look when they first appeared, it seems to be part Browning, part Ruger & part bad judgement.
However its homeliness charmed me when I shot it.
It's an accurate little pistol and although the grip looks somewhat ungainly, it feels teriffic in hand.

If it pencils out, they're good little shooters.

Oh yeah, they're easy to take down & clean

thanks GOG, do you have a suggestion for spare magazines?
do you shoot the OEM fiber optic tubes or something else?
how many rounds can you guess?

I've long been a High Standard fan but have been curtailing my fascination with such an emerging collector item.

Looking to supplement my revolver-22 stable a bit.

The mags aren't too badly priced, but I don't remember what I paid for tham anymore.
I picked up a blemished Triple K packer holster for it & it's a nice setup.

20190717_162906.jpg

I've had one for, IIRC, 3 years. I've had a cheap red dot on it for the last year but before that I just used the fiber optic sights that came on it. 't been very reliable and accurate. It's a bit heavy for a .22, but it fits my hand perfectly, unlike older Rugers.
The only caveat I have is, you need to keep an eye on the take down bolt. If you don't keep it tight it could fall out on the range and ruin your fun. Some purple locktite or a small O-ring will take care of that though.

I bought mine as soon as it came out. Still haven't done any upgrades. It shoots great and the fiber optic sights are good enough for my bad eyes. Magazines aren't cheap, about the same as Ruger and Browning. I have never dropped a takedown bolt, no locktite. They didn't have the choices then that they have now, or I would have bought one with a threaded barrel.

Day 1: to the range for about 300 mixed loads;

Day 2: take apart to clean & familiarize with components; order spare magazines; watch various YooToobs; discover just HOW to reinsert the bolt stop lever and it's little tiny hairspring.....about time all that effort over the years pays off wrassling with High Standards and their own easily launched version;

Day 3 morning: mount red dot & take off Beehive grip to discover how the mag disconnect works ; does anyone here just remove that part without replacing with the Tandemkross version?

Day 3 afternoon: spend much time crawling around under benches etc to find "magazine catch spring" that mysteriously disappeared.....more time trying to find schematic of pistol SW22 Victory on line, no such luck.....and YES!!!, managed to recover 'something' that seemed to almost work....yet it proves to be a bit too long as the thumb release button now stands extra 1/4" proud.

So my LGS opens Tuesday, I'm sure he has the right replacement spring....and will give me suitable grief in the process. What I found was about like a ball point pen but needs a little clipped off. I'll wait.

Reliability, check.
Threaded, check.
Stainless, check.
Sound suppressed, not as quiet as a buckmark due to lack of slide buffer.
Weight, um, not so svelte.
Looks, um... Kinda like the "nice" gal your family wants to introduce you to. The Yiddish term is MYES. (mee-iss).
Had one and sold it and a few others to get a threaded SW model 41.

Re 41 model: I had extended use of one long ago, loved it but came to prefer High Standard.

The 41 seems more refined from a different era than the Victory.

I don't care for heavy 22's (I have a few) but I bought this Taurus TX22 comes with 2 16 round clips, it's light as a feather loaded, adjustable rear sight, will shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger, threaded for suppressor, and is dead accurate out of the box. $350 most places but Silvercity arms has it for $299. Watch the video at Taurus.com and be impressed.

light as a feather loaded, adjustable rear sight, will shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger, threaded for suppressor, and is dead accurate out of the box.
glad you found what you like;
I had the feather lite 22/45 Rooger on long term loan & became quite familiar with its virtues before & after the rebuild. For my use the lighter the pistol the less accurate I am. While I could get great 40' groups it had to be from the bench, as even slow fire off hand just didn't work for whats left of my addled geezer muscle memory.
Fast fire is another issue, "I can hit stuff I'm not even aiming at".....

The old RST4 from 1953 is looking better & better all the time...if only I could see the dang sights....;)

I like the grip angle of the Victory. I improved the trigger with a TDK. Talon grip tape, TDK break
and Fast Fire dot. Compared to my Ruger MK 3 it is a little lighter. Trigger pull not quite as good
compared to my Mark 3 with Volquartesn trigger kit. Fun shooting pistol.
DSC00207.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top