Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sedro Wooley, WA - felon shoots and kills 4yr old boy, now on the run

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ATCclears, Jul 21, 2013.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. North Bender

North Bender King County Member

Are you a news program? What part of this sad story makes your point?

3. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

Where in my posting do you think I was trying to make a point? There is no personal narrative - just the link to the news article.

I posted the article on here for two reasons. First, as a warning to members in the North end in case they encounter this guy. Second, it is probable that we will see an anti-gun politician attempt to use this event to advance gun control.

Peter

4. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

What is bad about the politicians, in this case, is that the suspect is a prohibited person already. More laws wouldn't make it any more illegal...

5. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Catch him and hang him. End of problem.

6. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

Sure looks like some people just like to beach

Sgt Nambu and (deleted member) like this.
  7. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Point is all we need is 'more' gun control for the law abiders and these things won't happen....lol

8. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

What part of your sad post makes your point? What the heck, I'll ask, what is your point?

9. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

The news article is wrong. It was stated today on the 5:00 news that the boy shot himself by accident. the man fled because he is a convicted felon with a gun in the house.

10. DMcGPNW

DMcGPNW SW WA Member

A linked article at the bottom of the story reports on the use of a firearm by a 56 yo Issaquah man to defend himself from a home invasion. The quotes from the neighbors are encouraging. As far as points. We can always use a reminder that firearms are always potentially dangerous and avoiding negligent discharge of firearms requires a vigilant owner. If you don't want or need reminders I commend you. I am always having to think about safety and catch myself in lapses. Just the other day I was changing out holsters to go to the range and left the house with the gun locker key still in the lock. Although my 1 yo can't turn the key that won't be true for long. The locker key is now on my key ring with house and car key. Let's be thoughtful people not fear mongers or accusers looking for conspiracy.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013