JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Before the lights go out...I'd like to have good security lights. Right now, the ones that were on my house trigger all the time...when the trees barely wave in the wind! Are there any lights out there that aren't THAT sensitive? I'm not exaggerating when I say if the small tree moves an inch or two it goes off! I'd like something that if it goes off, I know I likely have someone in my backyard.

thanks.

If there's nothing better out there, I'll just dial the range way back so it'll go off if someone gets up close to my windows etc.

I am going to play dumb here, have you tried changing the sensitivity setting on them, last summer my new back security light was being tripped by the heat from the central air unit, I had setting the sensitivty past max to boost. Serously the heat off the central air unit was tripping them, once I dialed down the setting it is fine.

I have a pretty nice "solar" LED (3 leds) light, battery charged, whatever you want to call it that I bought from Home Depot last year that I really like as it works even when the elect. is out. It was close to 80-100 dollars but has worked well. It has sensitivity and 1,5,10 minute (plus test) mode. Even works in the winter when it's never really sunny.

I have a pretty nice "solar" LED (3 leds) light, battery charged, whatever you want to call it that I bought from Home Depot last year that I really like as it works even when the elect. is out. It was close to 80-100 dollars but has worked well. It has sensitivity and 1,5,10 minute (plus test) mode. Even works in the winter when it's never really sunny.

I was wandering those solar ones were any good, thanks for sharing.

I did see an interesting stand alone remote solar system once, a guy had a small solar charger hooked up to a battery unit for a farm fence gate, he had a garage type remote, he would just drive up clip the remote and the gate would open or close. When he wanted to disable it he had a key operated disabling switch and for extra security had the old chain and lock.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top