JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
wow crazy.

So was he open carrying? I read the whole first page but didn't have time to read all 11 pages (yet).

It sounds like he was legally in the right for how he reacted...??!!?
Would the same be said if you were conceal carrying here in oregon and a security guard tried the same thing?
Anyone know? I suspect if I felt anyone grabbing my arm and especially my gun I would be twisting around so fast with a punch they wouldn't even see it coming.

I read thru most of the thread. This is almost a textbook case of how you SHOULD handle yourself if something like this were to happen. Use only enough force to neutralize the attack and then back off and call the cops. The security guard sounds like a real tool.

I dunno. If a stranger suddenly tries to take my gun and I break free I don't know why I can't pull the gun. Surely his trying to take my gun by surprise and force constitutes a deadly threat in the heat of the moment.

I don't know.

This situation is an example of why I choose concealed, rather than open carry.

Right or wrong, we live in a society full of irrational people that will get their panties in a knot when they see a gun...and some of those people unfortunately are either security guards or LEO's and they have badges and carry guns themselves.

Any time there is a misunderstanding or over-reaction regarding a visible firearm, the potential exists for an altercation that could escalate to lethal force. Its not right and its not fair, but thats the way it is.

While I 100% support the right of any legal person to open carry, it is not a choice I would make except in a very few situations.

This situation is an example of why I choose concealed, rather than open carry.

Right or wrong, we live in a society full of irrational people that will get their panties in a knot when they see a gun...and some of those people unfortunately are either security guards or LEO's and they have badges and carry guns themselves.

Any time there is a misunderstanding or over-reaction regarding a visible firearm, the potential exists for an altercation that could escalate to lethal force. Its not right and its not fair, but thats the way it is.

While I 100% support the right of any legal person to open carry, it is not a choice I would make except in a very few situations.

While I agree with your choice to carry concealed rather than open carry (my choice as well), I applaud this guy for his actions. I wish he would have pursued charges against the security guard and possibly the big box store who employed him to send a message to other would be security ninjas, but I wasn't there and I won't second guess his lawyer. Sounds like he just wants this whole episode to be in the past and I can't blame him. We need more people like this standing up for their rights.

wow.

I am surprised the guard tried to grab the gun. Seems pretty stupid to me. I mean, what was the guys plan after getting the gun. That is a good way to get hurt or shot. if you are going after my gun, you are posing a threat to my life.

The story mentions that the guy had his gun in a Galco holster and that the security guy was tuging on it yet the gun did not release, which I must say worked out well.

Anyone use Galco holsters, are they that good?

Anyone use Galco holsters, are they that good?

I have 4 Galco holsters and use all of them. My Phoenix, DAO, and ankle holster all have very good retention. My Speed Master holds the weapon securely but only friction retains it so the Speed Master is less secure.

Those security guards must have glass jaws. I worked with a guy, many years ago, who knocked out a J.C. Penny's guard for grabbing him from behind. I think he took out a tooth as well. No charges were filed...

While I agree with your choice to carry concealed rather than open carry (my choice as well), I applaud this guy for his actions. I wish he would have pursued charges against the security guard and possibly the big box store who employed him to send a message to other would be security ninjas, but I wasn't there and I won't second guess his lawyer. Sounds like he just wants this whole episode to be in the past and I can't blame him. We need more people like this standing up for their rights.

He absolutely had the right to react as he did. He was legally carrying, and the guard was a complete idiot for attempting to grab his weapon from behind. The guards actions endangered not only himself, but everyone else in the store who could have potentially been hit by a stray bullet. Thankfully, no weapons were drawn and no one but the idiot himself was injured.

That being said, the incident would never have occured had the guy been carrying concealed....and as much as I support the guy's right to open carry the consequences of the incident could have been SO much worse. I just feel like there are better and more productive ways to stand up for our rights.

Thats the problem with most "Security" personnel. Well under trained and always making an embarrassment of the profession. He got what was coming to him and learned the hard way.

I searched via Google and Yahoo but was unable to find a news article on this particulary story as of yet. However, I did find a surprising number of stories about crimes committed inside of Wal-mart and on their parking lots. I thought all of those cameras were going to keep us safe! :s0131:

This is the internet so take into consideration this could be 100% true or 100% pure fantasy or something in between.

Blesphemy!!! I have it on good authority that the security guard slipped on a peanut butter and banana sandwich that his momma made him and said "don't be cruel" as he attempted to grab the weapon from would be assailant. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top