JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Securing anything in a vehicle is problematic. Securing expensive long guns is difficult. Securing very expensive NFA long guns is nearly impossible. The best solution is not to leave ANYTHING in a car or truck that you can not afford to have stolen ... one way or another.

Personal experiences. This be guns, valuables. gadgets, etc..

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws, NFA Laws And BATFE Rules And Regulations Apply.

Or like Scotty once said ... "The more complicated they make the plumbing .... the easier it is to stop up the pipes!"

If you need to have a sticker on your vehicle, this is what I suggest
9649-b0615670-8330-455a-9c71-572a9868e381.jpg

Did not seriously consider such utility when I bought the Kia Sportage back in 2016... but I agree, spaces where guns can be put out of sight, and hidden/false floors are key for making sure you don't have "I obviously have guns and valuables here" showing.
Just examples. 20160813_124433.jpg
Factory stock set up; no real hidden compartments, but there is the jack stowage bin, too small for ar15 taken down tho
20160813_124306.jpg
1 backseat folded down
20160813_124256.jpg
Backseat rests on top of fuel tank I believe. Unlike a few vehicles that have space between backseat cushion and floor.
20170914_145000.jpg
Backseat removed; 4x 14mm bolts was all that held the backseat down really. Backseat can double fold, basically creating a space roughly 4 feet by 4 feet.
20170914_145007.jpg
At that time, I had a specific layout for it with backseat removed; tools and emergency supplies under wool blankets.. it was summertime and we had come back from 4th of July festivities, hence the dollar tree water toy and bucket :rolleyes:. One of the ideas I had thought of.. was making a raised platform, that had fold out backrest support for 2 people to sleep in the back.. and space underneath would be utilized for storage, including guns and valuables. Never got around to that, since I put backseat back in and basically left it alone, just emergency stuff in the cargo area under a plain gray wool blend blanket.

Did not seriously consider such utility when I bought the Kia Sportage back in 2016... but I agree, spaces where guns can be put out of sight, and hidden/false floors are key for making sure you don't have "I obviously have guns and valuables here" showing.
Just examples.View attachment 491850
Factory stock set up; no real hidden compartments, but there is the jack stowage bin, too small for ar15 taken down tho
View attachment 491851
1 backseat folded down
View attachment 491852
Backseat rests on top of fuel tank I believe. Unlike a few vehicles that have space between backseat cushion and floor.
View attachment 491848
Backseat removed; 4x 14mm bolts was all that held the backseat down really. Backseat can double fold, basically creating a space roughly 4 feet by 4 feet.
View attachment 491849
At that time, I had a specific layout for it with backseat removed; tools and emergency supplies under wool blankets.. it was summertime and we had come back from 4th of July festivities, hence the dollar tree water toy and bucket :rolleyes:. One of the ideas I had thought of.. was making a raised platform, that had fold out backrest support for 2 people to sleep in the back.. and space underneath would be utilized for storage, including guns and valuables. Never got around to that, since I put backseat back in and basically left it alone, just emergency stuff in the cargo area under a plain gray wool blend blanket.

Don't you have a hidden storage area under the back cargo area?

The rear seat in a RAM Quad Cab and some Crew Cabs doesn't fold down, but there is a simple mod to make it a folder. Once that's done you have to lift the seat a bit to get the back to fold down, so it isn't obvious how to release it (no lever). There is space back there for an AR - here is a video showing the mod and storing an AR

You can also raise the seat using a stack of washers to get clearance for the retaining hooks.

The rear seat in a RAM Quad Cab and some Crew Cabs doesn't fold down, but there is a simple mod to make it a folder. Once that's done you have to lift the seat a bit to get the back to fold down, so it isn't obvious how to release it (no lever). There is space back there for an AR - here is a video showing the mod and storing an AR

You can also raise the seat using a stack of washers to get clearance for the retaining hooks.

I like it but I'm trying to figure out why he cut the fabric out of the back. Why not just put the mount for the AR on the fabric part so its one step less when needing the AR.

I like it but I'm trying to figure out why he cut the fabric out of the back. Why not just put the mount for the AR on the fabric part so its one step less when needing the AR.

I agree with you there - I liked this one because it shows how much room is there without the liner. I've seen another one where the guy just makes a slice in the liner and slides an AR pistol through. Even with the seat back folded down it isn't obvious.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top