JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my wife and I are having our 5 year old granddaughter come stay with us for the summer and I need some secure quick access ideas for my Shockwave and AR Pistol. Not wanting to keep them in safe as it is not easily accessible.
Any thought and experience is appreciated. (Affordable, accessible by adults and SECURE is the desire)
Thank you in advance!

One thought would be if your safe is a mechanical dial (and not electronic) is that WHILE YOU'RE HOME, have all the digits except for the last one already lined up, then if you need in quickly you spin it to the last one and you're in. If someone unauthorized tries to fiddle with it they stand a better chance of resetting the tumblers back to "zero" than manipulating open.... especially a 5-yr old.

One thought would be if your safe is a mechanical dial (and not electronic) is that WHILE YOU'RE HOME, have all the digits except for the last one already lined up, then if you need in quickly you spin it to the last one and you're in. If someone unauthorized tries to fiddle with it they stand a better chance of resetting the tumblers back to "zero" than manipulating open.... especially a 5-yr old.
The problem is it's on other side of house and really don't want to be moving from safe to bedroom and from bedroom to safe every morning. If things go bump in night I want to be able to easily access and secure her and my wife. Hope I am making sense...

The problem is it's on other side of house and really don't want to be moving from safe to bedroom and from bedroom to safe every morning. If things go bump in night I want to be able to easily access and secure her and my wife. Hope I am making sense...

Can you switch up your HD rigs for the summer? Maybe switch to handguns on those biometric "safes" and then trigger lock the AR pistol and the shotgun. If needed, you can use the pistol to get to the bigger stuff.

Can you switch up your HD rigs for the summer? Maybe switch to handguns on those biometric "safes" and then trigger lock the AR pistol and the shotgun. If needed, you can use the pistol to get to the bigger stuff.
That is certainly an idea to consider. Thank you for that.

TBH I only have handguns as part of my HD system. My shotguns are not really great for HD and I don't consider my AR's as part of it. Well, that's not exactly true. My 9mm AR pistol is definitely part of it! :)

I love these Hornady safes for AR, shotgun, and pistols, and it is really nice to know you have easy access with a bracelet or any of the other options they provide RFID tags. Of course you can spend 5 seconds on the next safe to use the same tag. I sell these for a bit less than Amazon, but free shipping is awesome, so consider that and I will have some demo models to list next week, all sliced down to $100 each.

I love these Hornady safes for AR, shotgun, and pistols, and it is really nice to know you have easy access with a bracelet or any of the other options they provide RFID tags. Of course you can spend 5 seconds on the next safe to use the same tag. I sell these for a bit less than Amazon, but free shipping is awesome, so consider that and I will have some demo models to list next week, all sliced down to $100 each.
I am very interested, let me know when demo units become available. I would like the AR and Shotgun mounts. I have a small safe for my carry handgun.
I would be willing to drive up next Saturday or have you ship if not to steep. Need to have installed by the 18th
Thank you

Just to stir some emotions, <insert the attorney here> you may not have the right to refuse to open a safe with a biometric lock as one with a key, combination dial, or RFID. I will have to ask my defense attorney friend if they have established a precedent yet either way.

Just to stir some emotions, <insert the attorney here> you may not have the right to refuse to open a safe with a biometric lock as one with a key, combination dial, or RFID. I will have to ask my defense attorney friend if they have established a precedent yet either way.
Yes no biometric for me. I have a few devices that have option for biometric access and that option is NEVER enabled for that very reason.

I have no idea what you are referring to here.....

Ah, now I get it. Sorry for the slow uptake. Then forget biometric and get on the the ones with the push button combos.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top