Section Information: Questions, Problems, & Feedback

Discussion in 'Questions & Help' started by Northwest Firearms, Apr 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. thorborg

thorborg
    portland oregon
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Cut and paste!!
    My irritation stems from my poor memory, exacerbated by poor typing skills. Because of that, I copy and past a lot, primarily to avoid writing things down to look up elsewhere, or to save typing sentence length rehashed material.
    This is no longer possible as now all I get if I highlight say a gun model, or a quote, and try to right click to copy, so I may paste it into a search box, I get a black box with "+Quote / <Reply"
    Very frustrating as there is already a reply tab at the bottom, so to me, rude.
    I never want to do those two things, but many times a session want to look up things I come across. This is the only site (so far ) That I have experienced this unwanted intrusion / prevention to my online pleasure.

2. Lilhigbee

Lilhigbee
    SE Portland
    Visit Target550.com Gold Supporter

@thorborg , just ignore the "+Quote / <Reply" and use your standard cut/copy and paste commands. I just did it to put "+Quote / <Reply" in these two sentences.

3. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

@thorborg like @Lilhigbee mentioned, you can still right click to copy/paste (or use keyboard shortcuts).

Lilhigbee likes this.
  4. thorborg

thorborg
    portland oregon
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I don't know Keyboard short cuts, I use the right click. but when I highlight a couple words as soon as I let go of the left switch, I get the quote/reply and the words I highlighted become un highlighted not leaving me the option of copying the selected words. This only happens when reading new things I have nor responded to: upload_2019-1-23_12-6-44.png
    If I reply to someone, or write new things, it does not happen and it stays highlighted and am able to right click copy: upload_2019-1-23_12-8-52.png