Section Information: Questions, Problems, & Feedback

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Northwest Firearms, Apr 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms
    Pacific Northwest
    Site Maintenance Bronze Supporter

This section provides members and staff a place to discuss questions, problems, ideas, and feedback pertaining to Northwest Firearms. The following prefixed are used to organize and track this information. If you believe a prefix is incorrect please let us know by reporting the thread.

New Thread Prefixes:
    • Potential Issue - Used for potential technical issues with the website. If the issue is verified and not easily fixed we will move the thread to the NWFA Issue Tracking section.
    • Question - Used for general questions.
    • Feedback - Used for members providing feedback, ideas, and suggestions on new or current features, design, and operation.
    Resolution Prefixes:
    • Answered - The question has been answered.
    • On-Hold - The issue has been put on hold while we wait for more information.
    • Resolved - The issue has been resolved.
    • Implemented - The idea, feedback, or suggestion has been implemented.

2. dangerranger60

dangerranger60
    Coarsegold

First let me say I am new here and really like this forum and how its run! My question is how do I stop the forum from notifying my email of everything added to any thread after I have read or responded to it? I have tried going into my preferences and can't seem to stop them from coming into my Email. Am I missing something? Thanks DR

3. partsed

partsed
    Silverton Oregon
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Click on your avatar and look under contact details you should be able to edit things from there.

4. partsed

partsed
    Silverton Oregon
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

BTW-Welcome to the forum!!

5. dangerranger60

dangerranger60
    Coarsegold

I have already gone to " Alert preferences" and made sure all boxes were unchecked . I did find another column of "Preferences". And unchecked them as well. Ill see if that helps! Thanks DR

6. KKG

KKG
    Western Washington

Once you reply to a thread you're then "Subscribed" to that one. At the top of each thread you will find a "Unwatch Thread". Click on that. You should no longer get emails about that thread. You have to do that for each thread you respond to.

7. Grimm

Grimm
    Washington County

Idk if imI posting this in the wrong spot or not but does anyone else use SwiftKey for messaging on mobile? It's a great keyboard app but out of nowhere its glitching on nwfa and nwfa only. Its predictive feature is all messed up and inserts the wrong/throws extra letters in when i hit space. Ive uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail. Samsung app works fine but switching keyboards to use the site is almost as annoying as what I'm dealing with.

8. leesplace

leesplace
    Kentucky

I would like to know where to complain about a member who has stiffed on a deal. he got his money but I got nothing in return. what do I do help.

9. DB Wesner

DB Wesner
    PNW
    You need more cowbell. Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

@Joe Link @Kruejl

10. leesplace

leesplace
    Kentucky

so you let people in your forums to talk about and buy and sell guns but there's no help if someone gets screwed over in your forums.

11. Kruejl

Kruejl
    Hillsboro
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Have you sent myself or any other staff member a convo with the details?

12. Kruejl

Kruejl
    Hillsboro
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

And FYI, we don't "police" the classifieds. It's buyer beware just like any other site. But you are welcome to message any of the staff and we would be happy to see if we can assist.

13. leesplace

leesplace
    Kentucky

well I'll explain on march 26 I talked to a member areece he had a nagant revolver for sale. so we agreed and i sent him the money he received it march 29. he said he sent it out April 2 to my ffl he said he has received nothing. I've been calling and emailing him and he won't answer. shows he was on a half hour ago looking at a mosin nagant.

14. DB Wesner

DB Wesner
    PNW
    You need more cowbell. Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

LOL, Did you not see what was required to join? Is there some elaborate sign in, proof of who you are? The answer is no. Why would you treat this transaction with less scrutiny then craigslist or any other forum that proof of who you are doesn't exist?

The staff members will do what they can to help, but accusing others of not doing the due diligence that you should have done is failing to take personal responsibility and just idiotic in my opinion.

Staff-feel free to remove this, but it pisses me off when the dumbassery of a member is blamed on this forum.

15. leesplace

leesplace
    Kentucky

in the first place sir I am new to all of this and i trust to easy. but I'll be dammed that you or anyone else is going to call me an idiot. and I hope this guy bubblegums all your members that way all of them may hold you somewhat responsible. and it sounds like you are so proud to be like the others to chicken bubblegum to be different better than the others. helping your members working with them instead of sitting on your hands playing with your bubblegums. people can change things if they wanted but I guess your to much of a dumbass to realize it. take me off your membership list.

16. Mister Bisley

Mister Bisley
    Wilsonville

Anyone else experiencing lag on the site? I feel that since the scheduled update, it’s very slow to load pages or finish thinking after I send a “like”. I mostly hang out here on an iPad

17. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I haven't, but please let me know if it continues for you.

Mister Bisley likes this.
  18. Mister Bisley

Mister Bisley
    Wilsonville

It now seems to be intermittent...might just be a wi-fi issue

19. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Ok, keep me updated :)

Mister Bisley likes this.