JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's news. Always consider the source, and IME NPR/OPB is leftish leaning, often leaving out something that is relevant.

However, ignore at your own peril; you can always glean information from such articles and start from there. Plus don't ignore what the opposition says as a lot of people listen to them.

If its secret , then why do people know about it...? :eek: :D Andy

Because someone in the room recorded the meeting without permission, and shared.

Just went to the recycle bin and pulled out the latest 'CRISIS ALERT' letter from the NRA, which had been tossed like all the others in recent years. It confirms in broad terms what is reported though without using exact numbers or dates: "eliminated dozens of positions ... furloughed many more ... all salaries slashed ... tens of millions of lost revenue ... significant drop in dues and contributions from NRA members'.

Last Edited:
Because someone in the room recorded the meeting without permission, and shared.

Just went to the recycle bin and pulled out the latest 'CRISIS ALERT' letter from the NRA, which had been tossed like all the others in recent years. It confirms in broad terms what is reported though without using exact numbers or dates.
Yep I get that...my comment was with tongue firmly in cheek...
Meant to help lighten the mood and attitude will surely develop in this thread.

Please note that I am not saying that you are moody or have an attitude.
Andy

The NRA is broke because the people at the top got greedy, the NRA is losing relevance and members because they have strayed away from firearms and into politics that don't pertain to the 2nd amendment. I know plenty of old timers and young people who don't agree with most conservative leaning politics but they do believe in the 2nd amendment. These are the people the NRA is losing with the bald political posturing from their media channels and that clown they have as a spokesperson. Gun sales and ammo sales have been booming for years and the NRA is broke, sounds like they need to trim the fat and get back to firearms safety, training, hunters safety and the 2nd amendment. The 2nd doesn't belong to any political party or any ideology and until a whole lot of gun owners and gun websites get it they will continue to alienate potential allies. It's like the flag, just because you have one doesn't make you a patriot, just because you have a certain viewpoint on patriotism doesn't make you right. The bill of rights and the constitution apply to all Americans not just people with stickers in their windows and edgy T-shirts. The NRA has become a political engine in its own right but a political engine that can't manage money and personnel. They cry and whine whenever they see a budget shortfall and god forbid you hurt Wayne's feelings. They need to adapt and change or get used to fading into irrelevance.

My dad got me into shooting at a very early age and I remember when he got me my NRA Junior membership...I got that hunter orange ball cap with big NRA printed on the front. I wore that thing like a badge of honor for years! As I got older I kept renewing my membership hoping to stem the tide of anti-gunners that my elders warned me about. But it wasn't until my own son, now a Staff Sergeant in the Air Force, began to educate me on the real history of the NRA and some of the BS things they supported and PUSHED back in the early days. Some of the worst restrictions and violations of the 2nd Amendment are in place because of the NRA leadership. After that and all this current corruption, I just can't bring myself to support the NRA, even knowing they are the big boy on the block when it comes to lobbying. Pretty sad situation!

I'm a lifer. I dont agree with everything they do but they are on the front line and have enough clout to strike fear into some congressman and the President. Do I agree with everything they do? Nope. They were a fudd organzation for far too long but they have fought some tough battles and won too. LaPierre should retire though. Hes turning it into too much of a family business /cash cow. I still support the organization but not with any more of my money for now.

I stopped supporting them when they supported candidates that were not pro-gun or the most pro-gun candidate, but supported candidates that were the main GOP candidate. Also, when they supported the legislation that cutoff manufacture of full auto firearms for civilians, and other times we got stabbed in the back or compromised such that we got a small concession in trade for a large loss in the legislation.

I support GOA, SAF/RKBA, et. al.

Put all the other gun organizations together and no congressman has still ever heard of them.

I dont like the Hughes amendment either but the FOPA was a good bill otherwise. Reagan wasnt terribly pro gun and they got the best deal they could get.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top