JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live in OR and have my CC license (Washington Co). I am wondering if you'all have a preference on secondary licenses (AZ, UT, VA, ??, etc). Most states would be redundant so getting all of them would be a bit much.

Just asking for opinions. Thx

UT or AZ are the most common to get as an OR resident. You really just need to go to one of the concealed carry websites with the reciprocity maps and see which state is the most beneficial to you.
Oftentimes the difference is just between 2-3 states that you may not even think of visiting.

UT or AZ are the most common to get as an OR resident. You really just need to go to one of the concealed carry websites with the reciprocity maps and see which state is the most beneficial to you.
Oftentimes the difference is just between 2-3 states that you may not even think of visiting.
I do understand that. I was just seeing if there was a preference. I have a UT one now but just looking.

UT is nice because it gives you WA and about 30 others. Same with AZ (round about 30), but no WA and you do get NM if you find yourself in the southwest much.

I've had AZ and OR and just went to Threat Dynamics to do my UT. You can do them all in one day there and they make it very easy.

UT is nice because it gives you WA and about 30 others. Same with AZ (round about 30), but no WA and you do get NM if you find yourself in the southwest much.

I've had AZ and OR and just went to Threat Dynamics to do my UT. You can do them all in one day there and they make it very easy.
Thank you

I would have to say this is another Thread that had been Beaten to Death Many, MANY times. The OP should have done a Search and his/her Questions would have been answered OVER and OVER again.:):):)

I would have to say this is another Thread that had been Beaten to Death Many, MANY times. The OP should have done a Search and his/her Questions would have been answered OVER and OVER again.:):):)
Yes I could do that but if you had read my posting you would have read the I was asking if others preferred one over another.

It's funny, I have a permit for Washington, Arizona, and California. And I still can't carry in Oregon. :rolleyes:

If you know for certain which states you might visit, get whichever permit affords the most versatility.

Otherwise, the Arizona permit was pretty simple. A simple form, $60 for the permit, $30 for the fingerprints, and I had the permit in hand in a couple weeks.

If UT or VA is easier or cheaper, go with one of them.

I have family in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. Besides Oregon resident, I have Utah and Florida non resident. This gives me the full southern route from Florida to Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top