Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

second owner warranties?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by taylor, Mar 29, 2010.

1. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

The last couple firearms I've bought used the warranty cards have been blank. If I filled them out and sent them in would I be covered?
    Do Gunshops send sales copies to the manufacturer?
    I'm just curious as it could save me money in the future.

2. KENOC

KENOC Portland area Member

It really depends on the manufacturer. All are different but most will cover a defect/breakage regardless.... RIA for example is great and will cover you regardless of who/when/where you bought it.

3. dobeman

dobeman Hillsboro Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

it just depends. Some warranties require you have the original purchase receipt. Some warranties follow the gun - like Taurus.

4. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

I had issue with one of my glock, I send it it and no question ask about was I the first owner or second owner. I believe I was the fifteen owners of that Glock :).

5. asiparks

asiparks PDX Active Member

I've never filled in a warranty card but have had no trouble having pre owned Sig, Kimber or Springfield pistols repaired under warranty when problems have emerged.....

6. carbuncle

carbuncle South Snoho Member

Ditto with my experience of S&W: they take care of their customers no matter where you are in the ownership chain.

7. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

BTW: I do have bad experience with Kimber warranty service.... I am the only one here pissing at Kimber or anyone else?

8. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

recently i have just been filling mine out online, it save me the cost of a stamp :D

9. GED

GED North Idaho Active Member

Same with S&W's Walthers-at least with the PPK & PPK/S series. I read over
    at Waltherforums.com that S&W has even worked on Interarms-made guns at no charge.

It gets even better-here's a recent quote from that forum about S&W Walthers:
    "Free repairs on an inherited gun that was 20+ years old"

10. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

I love my old Kahr K9 and considered getting another Kahr. I exchanged emails with Kahr customer service since their website carefully omits ANY information about warrantys. Kahr only covers the original purchaser, and only for two years. Period. So if you were to be sending in somebody else's warranty registration card you would need the original purchase information, like place, date, price, etc. to pretend to be the original buyer......................elsullo :(

11. Brokenoaks

Brokenoaks Washington New Member

I had a snap ring break on my H&K USP. I believe I am the 4th owner of this gun. called them and with no questions asked I had a new one in a couple of days with no charge (even for shipping). They even offered to install it if I wanted to send it in. I had the same good response from Henry when I called about a replacement for the plastic for sight. No charge for the metal upgrade and had it in the mail in a couple of days.
    I think most of the more reputable manufactures stand behind their guns regardless of how many times they change hands.

12. asiparks

asiparks PDX Active Member

they are notorious for running hot and cold.
    I've had "terse" exchanges with Dennis one time, but then another time, very pleasant. New York thing I guess.....