JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well of course federal law supersedes state and local laws.

And Federal Law says clearly the Right to Keep and Bear Arms shall not be infringed. Which limits the actions the Government in any form can take to regulate arms. Firearms are Arms.

Unfortunately, unconstitutionality of laws has not prevented any level of government from enacting and enforcing those laws, especially gun control laws. As early as 1812 Congress passed a law prohibiting criticizing the government. John Adams, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence and the second POTUS signed into law the Sedition Act of 1798, a mere 11 years after the Constitution was ratified.

The Sedition Act outlawed any "false, scandalous and malicious writing" against Congress or the president, and made it illegal to conspire "to oppose any measure or measures of the government."

The first person convicted and imprisoned for criticizing the government and Adams was a US Congressman.

So right off the bat (or second up to bat so to speak) was a Founding Father who knew better, but was corrupted by fear and power.

This doesn't surprise me.

A gun shop owner in Columbia County said he supports background checks and believes that "state law trumps the county law." But he voted in favor of the Second Amendment measure on principle.

Where money is to be made, there is support for infringment, even by your local LGS.

Should be Constitutional sanctuaries defending The Constitution in it's entirety not just this or that. Unfortunately the way things should be aren't the way things are. I took an oath when I became a Marine 14 years ago and I intend to keep it. Stay armed, stay free.

Lawyers in nice silken black robes have indeed judged that the BOR are not absolute and that the 2A, like the 1st, 4th, 5th, and so on can be restricted, limited, regulated, and infringed upon.

They have also held in principle that laws passed by Congress are presumed "Constitutional" unless challenged by State/District Courts.

So, that means no more sanctuary cities or states for illegal aliens 'cuz "federal supremacy", right?

;)

Printz V. USA, a SCOTUS case that held Feds couldn't directly command State/Local officers to enforce Fed laws...

A 2A case related to using CLEOS to do fed bg checks until NICS came online :rolleyes:

A case used by immigration lawyers to justify Sanctuary Cities and States for illegal immigrants :rolleyes:

Marbury V. Madison.
If State Laws are found contrary to Federal Constitution, by the Fed Courts; they are then null and voided. But its only if found be Fed Courts to be unconstitutional

This shaped how Fed Courts up to SCOTUS can decide 2A cases. Such as Miller, Heller, Printz, McDonald....

A gun shop owner in Columbia County said he supports background checks and believes that "state law trumps the county law." But he voted in favor of the Second Amendment measure on principle.

Where money is to be made, there is support for infringment, even by your local LGS.
this is what some say is the definition of a "fudd"

this is what some say is the definition of a "fudd"
I try to tread lightly around the trigger words, even fanboy apparently triggers some these days. Times are sure different now. I remember words that were commomly tossed around the hallways and locker rooms in middle school that would get you expelled, fired and even charged with a crime these days. It's all part of the softening of our nation. I wish the sensitive types would crawl back to their safe spaces and stay there.

I try to tread lightly around the trigger words, even fanboy apparently triggers some these days. Times are sure different now. I remember words that were commomly tossed around the hallways and locker rooms in middle school that would get you expelled, fired and even charged with a crime these days. It's all part of the softening of our nation. I wish the sensitive types would crawl back to their safe spaces and stay there.
"Wussie" was always a personal favorite of mine as it combines "wimp" and "pu$$y" into one word….

My theory is that the Bloomberg shill groups are targeting Columbia county because the 2A sanctuary vote was relatively close, and they can do some fundraising amongst the local antis.

Last l checked the 2020 election returns, Umatilla county's sanctuary resolution passed with about 75% support... not seeing too many Demanding Moms 'round here.
They should come on out and have a rally. Half a dozen fat-assed transplanted Karens in orange t-shirts chanting slogans with their hands out for donations would be a great photo op for them. I'd take the pics myself... for the children, of course.

Last Edited:
I wonder if any of these even live in Columbia county ?
Doubtful.
Importing stoopids to meddle in others' business seems to be the norm these days. It's how Beto managed to challenge Ted Cruz: outsiders.
They'll use dozens diesel buses to move hundreds of nitwit busybodies somewhere to protest fossil fuels.
The carbon footprint of the outrage-class is... u know... outrageous.

Hell, there was a local gun store even on here who restricted sales to adults under 21 even before the unconstitutional Washington law did....

Traitors are everywhere.

So, that means no more sanctuary cities or states for illegal aliens 'cuz "federal supremacy", right?
Yeah, I was figuring this has the potential to be a win-win scenario, and hopefully the people most interested in swatting it down will keep that in mind. We will see.

Never trust a lawyer.

Yeah we have to be careful...

Let us not offend, lest we hurt the lil wussies.

Screenshot_20210517-133636_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Should not be any different than legalizing weed or decriminalizing drugs the state and Portland don't follow fed laws so why should a county be any different when it comes to enforcing state or fed. firearm laws? I would think that would serve as precedent but I didnt stay at Holiday Inn last night..........

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top