JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Two states, Iowa & Missouri have bills ( "Second 2 Amendment Preservation Act" ) before their legislatures that literally eviscerate any Federal attempts to destroy/overide the 2nd Amendment!
The bills are not identical but are exactly what's needed to put a stop to biden and the feds anti-2A cr@p! They're some seriously deadly bills that support the 2A!

You have GOT TO READ THEM! One bill is 7 pages long & the other is 5 pages.

I intend to get the text, from both bills, to my legislators. There's nada that can be done this year until we can get a new legislature but we have to at least try for the future.

Dan

You know how when you enter California, there's an inspection station where they look for invasive pests (and also firearms)? Oregon and Washington failed at their borders to exterminate the libtard termites swarming out of Kali.
Gotta love the "fly-over" states.

You know how when you enter California, there's an inspection station where they look for invasive pests (and also firearms)? Oregon and Washington failed at their borders to exterminate the libtard termites swarming out of Kali.
They're checking for plants and fruit entering the state, not for firearms. However, what would they do if the see an AR under your bag of illegal apples? :confused:

If there's anything related to my post relative to what your stating, I'm not seeing it. You mind clarifying?

Dan

If there's anything related to my post relative to what your stating, I'm not seeing it. You mind clarifying?

Dan
Sarcasm.
Given the cemented liberal status of OR and WA from the invasive pests that swarmed out of Kali, any desire for similar legislation from either of our states is pure fantasy. Maybe in 20 years, but for now, I'll look at retiring in states like that, TN, WV, KS, ND, and so forth.

Two states, Iowa & Missouri have bills ( "Second 2 Amendment Preservation Act" ) before their legislatures that literally eviscerate any Federal attempts to destroy/overide the 2nd Amendment!
The bills are not identical but are exactly what's needed to put a stop to biden and the feds anti-2A cr@p! They're some seriously deadly bills that support the 2A!

You have GOT TO READ THEM! One bill is 7 pages long & the other is 5 pages.

I intend to get the text, from both bills, to my legislators. There's nada that can be done this year until we can get a new legislature but we have to at least try for the future.

Dan
This news gladdens the heart. I hope more states follow suit.

States cannot "nullify" federal law. States can pass state laws that prohibit state and local law enforcement from enforcing federal laws.

Unlike the feel-good laws what would make a difference is the US Supreme Court ruling that the federal government (e.g. Congress and the federal agencies) do not have authority under the federal constitution to restrict possession and carry of firearms in most circumstances. Unlike state governments the federal government does not have a generic "police power" to regulate anything it chooses to. And that's before we get to the Second Amendment infringement issue.

States cannot "nullify" federal law. States can pass state laws that prohibit state and local law enforcement from enforcing federal laws.

Unlike the feel-good laws what would make a difference is the US Supreme Court ruling that the federal government (e.g. Congress and the federal agencies) do not have authority under the federal constitution to restrict possession and carry of firearms in most circumstances. Unlike state governments the federal government does not have a generic "police power" to regulate anything it chooses to. And that's before we get to the Second Amendment infringement issue.

Agreed, but they'll just find a way to put anything they want to control under the commerce clause and run with it...

o_O:rolleyes:

The way they've inspected my vehicles, I'm quite sure they're looking for firearms too. Like I'm going to stuff fruit in the jack storage areas.... (yes, I know, people do stuff like that).
Maybe it's the type of vehicle you are driving. Outside of 2020 I've been making multiple trips since 2002. Usually it's come to a complete stop and get waved through. A few times they ask I have fruit/veggies and that it. Including the time my wife thought it was a good idea to start munching on an apple (are you kidding me). Granted if you had NRA, Glock or other firearms related stickers on your vehicles or even just a US flag, you might get the stink eye treatment.

With Covid Emergency powers acts across the US all levels of government are blinded by powers they have given themselves, which is our fault. Slow the curve has put people out of business and out on the street. So as to the OP the answer is No but Yes. They don't have the authority to do it but yes, they will try anyway. A good chance they will make it because people are so "into" being governed these days.

They tried that previously and the US Supreme Court struck down the gun control law as exceeding the Commerce Clause authority.

They'll "pack" the SCOTUS with 15 justices (like they said they're going to do), then they'll change the "language" from the last time so as to avoid the last "precedent", and it'll be upheld and WAHLAH.... you have a brave new world, all nice and "legal" like.

The Republic is dead, "justice" is (obviously) merely a shifting illusion that's dictated by the prevailing political elites of the day, and the Constitution is just a GD piece of paper everyone wipes their arse with.

Elections have consequences, enjoy. o_O

I sent the links to my all pro 2A legislators. Perhaps next year we can make some changes if we can get the senate/house back. I wish others here would do the same.

Got this back from one legislator..

Dan

Because there are so many firearms bills being proposed again this year, Senator Braun asked us to put together a spreadsheet of the bills and where they are in the process. We hope this is useful information for you.

BillTitleStatusNotes
HB 1026Concerning the restoration of the right to possess a firearmCRJNot likely to pass this session
HB 1038Prohibiting the possession of firearms by persons convicted of certain criminal offensesCRJNot likely to pass this session
HB 1133Reporting lost or stolen firearmsCRJNot likely to pass this session
HB 1134Concerning the disposition of forfeited firearms by the Washington state patrolCRJNot likely to pass this session
HB 1164Addressing firearm safety measures to increase public (restricting magazine size)CRJNot likely to pass this session
HB 1229Concerning assault weapons and preventing their saleCRJNot likely to pass this session
HB 1234Prohibiting weapons in state capitol buildings and grounds and certain other governmental buildings and facilitiesCRJNot likely to pass this session
SHB 1283Including the open carry or display of weapons within the offense of criminal mischiefRULESReferred to Rules 2 Review
HB 1313Relating to local government authority to regulate firearmsCRJNot likely to pass this session
HB 1481Authorizing certain school employees to carry firearms on school groundsCRJNot likely to pass this session
SSB 5038Prohibiting the open carry of certain weapons at public permitted demonstrations and the state capitol.RULESPassed to Rules for 2nd Reading
SSB 5078Addressing firearm safety measures to increase public safety (restricting magazine size)RULESPassed to Rules for 2nd Reading
SB 5095Concerning public records act exemptions regarding concealed pistol licensesSGENot likely to pass this session
SB 5217Concerning assault weapons and preventing their saleLAWNot likely to pass this session
SB 5407Relating to firearm theft sentencingLAWNot likely to pass this session
SJR 8205Amending the state Constitution so that the right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state includes the right to possess firearm magazines and firearm loading devices of any sizeLAWNot likely to pass this session

They'll "pack" the SCOTUS with 15 justices (like they said they're going to do), then they'll change the "language" from the last time so as to avoid the last "precedent", and it'll be upheld and WAHLAH.... you have a brave new world, all nice and "legal" like.

The Republic is dead, "justice" is (obviously) merely a shifting illusion that's dictated by the prevailing political elites of the day, and the Constitution is just a GD piece of paper everyone wipes their arse with.

Elections have consequences, enjoy. o_O

They don't have to pack the SCOTUS. As much as the SCOTUS has sold out and screwed over the Constitution lately, I don't think the swamp has much to worry about...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top