Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Second Amendment foundation feedback

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bolus, Feb 5, 2016.

1. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I believe some of you guys have inside contacts with the 2nd amendment foundation. For the second time now I've had a worse than typical telemarketer call from them. Very pushy, refusing to get off the phone unless I give them a payment immediately, telling me that "Obama has executive actions coming" with me just having to hang up to end the call. Yeah, the executive actions already happened.

I dont care if they do good work, Im not going to donate when being treated like sh*t on the phone. Lying about Obama's "upcoming" executive actions will never get money out of me ever.

I'd like to support more than OFF but between the NRA and now these guys Im thinking Im not really supporting my rights but someone's paycheck.

Michael Js likes this.
  2. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Had the same experience. Reminded me of the "Sheriffs/Police Association" calls. They are now OFF MY LIST.

Michael Js likes this.
  3. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

One for Dave Workman...

4. misterarman

misterarman Vancouver,Wa. USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Never had a call from them. No problems at all.
    They seem to be doing a lot of good work fighting the fight.

5. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Maybe they've hired an outside telemarketing agency and your getting some liberal jerk who works there that hates his or her job and the 2A. Just a paranoid thought, LOL.

6. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I wish they would quit spending the money I sent them on mailers asking for more money.

I swear I get at least two a month.

Michael Js and Caveman Jim like this.
  7. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I'm in the same boat IM, they are relentless in their mailers and when I replied by mail telling them that when I had some extra $$$ I would support them. Then the phone calls started (I'm HOH and mentioned that) and told them that they should respect the people who have supported them and not badger them and I got hung up on!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

8. misterarman

misterarman Vancouver,Wa. USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

That is frustrating. Went through same thing with NRA.
    When I do my donation this year I'm going to have them take me off the paper/resources wasting list.
    Use all my money to fight EVIL

Michael Js likes this.
  9. edison bulb

edison bulb Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Don't forget that SAF was instrumental in the Supreme Court decision saying the 2A is an individual right.

Michael Js likes this.
  10. Goosebrown

Goosebrown Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I wish I had never contacted them. I love what they do but they're like a cult asking for money.

Michael Js likes this.
  11. edison bulb

edison bulb Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Continue to feed them dollars in what you can. Pro-gun organizations need as much financial help and membership numbers as possible. In this political climate where even Michael Bloomberg thinks its okay to show his ugly mug telling CNN he's thinking about running, and that "the American people deserve better", pro-gun organizations are our only friend. We must not become fragmented.

12. Jerry

Jerry Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

The SAF is a fantastic organization. Ignore the mailers. All phone calls that I've received have been polite and professional. As far as I'm concerned, they are the best bang for a buck out there.

That being said, I also belong to the NRA, CCRKBA and GOA. I try to spread the $$ around, but most goes to the SAF.

Michael Js likes this.
  13. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

One of the reasons I installed a Call Blocker

Michael Js likes this.
  14. Michael Js

Michael Js Greater Seattle, WA Active Member

they are relentless...I give, and give, and they mail and call and mail and call...I get tired of the calls from Bellevue and will block them the next time they call. However, my renewal is sitting in front of me, and I'll continue to support...oh well :);)

misterarman likes this.