JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As one who DID go to law school I can tell you that Miller does not need to be reversed or modified in any way to defeat the CA appeals court decision. They are simply mistaken. They cite the M16 as being prohibited under Miller. We need not argue with that at all. An M16 is capable of full auto fire, and that's why it is unprotected under Miller. But the CA court goes on to confuse civilian semi-auto ONLY rifles with M16s, presumably because they look the same, or out of simple ignorance of the differences. The CA court is simply mistaken. It is an error in fact. Presumably the next court up the line would be more informed (or could be) by the defense attorney as to the very real functional differences between an M15 and M16, and the lack of differences between an M15 and other non-banned semi-autos. This is simply a huge (willful?) mistake by the CA court. It needs to be corrected.

There in lies the entire core problem with the term "Assault Weapon" to begin with. Did the Ak variant he own have select fire capability? No? Then why is this even an issue?

I seriously don't understand how lefties can say P-O-R-N is a 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech and expression but we can regulate and make "evil looking guns" plain illegal just for having a few features that resemble an actual AR/AK.

mini+14.png

Does a pistol grip, *hi-cap mag, collapsible stock, flash supressor, bayonet lug or detachable magazine make the "tactical" Mini-14 any better than the other rifle? Any more accurate? Fire faster? NOPE! It's just EVIL LOOKING.

*By the way, I was recently educated on not calling 20/30rnd mags hi-caps. It implies that a standard magazine is less than 30rnds...if anything, a 10rnd mag is a "low-cap" while a 100rnd drum would be considered "high-cap".

WE know what the 2nd means..and it is not limited to semi auto firearms but to all ARMS a militia could use to defend the nation and liberty. now the question is:

If they try to disarm us, what are we prepared to do?

What ever is required to stop it !

I often wonder about ~The Why~ We are asked this over & over.

I understood the second Amendment, when it was First taught to me, by a WWII VETERAN, who was my Sixth Grade Teacher....

Oh, I forget, I don't live in a world that has 1960 Teachers WHO understood that Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, cost lives once....

philip

Additionally, Semis are not! Assault weapons. An assault weapon by definition has a selective fire capability. That's historical fact dating back to the first assault rifle in WWII.
Hopefully some very good lawyer will argue this case if it goes up the judicial chain.

Brutus out

There is no such thing as an assult rifle or weapon, ask anyone in or who has been in the military. The army has always carried BATTLE RIFLES. The civil war battle rifle where for the most part privatly owned firearms.
This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for------ Ask any old fart about that lession.

Before 1934 you could own anything that fired a projectal you could afford. 12 gangsters changed all that because they scared the bubblegum out of everyone in the world. According to the front page of your news paper.
Kennedy was kill with a mail order rifle. No more mail order guns. That hasn't worked eather.
Turned off rant mode.

One of the founders greatest mistakes was creating a supreme court where 9 traitors in black robes can sit as virtual emperors over our liberties

Some will, most won't

In a heartbeat

but do the people have the WILL and the FORTITUDE to commit to it?

You give them too much credit... They're too naive' and stupid for that level of thinking.
If such war ever happened? We will always have more guns and more people with guns than them.
Would it be bloody? Yes.
But we would win... "We have the guns, and we have the people"

It takes a mere 3% my fellow citizens.... just 3% ;)

I am so frickin sick of this label that it chaps my hide whenever I hear it!

:s0131: Hey, Jim....

ASSAULT RIFLE!!!..... ASSAULT WEAPON!!! :s0084: :s0112: :s0155:

One of the founders greatest mistakes was creating a supreme court where 9 traitors in black robes can sit as virtual emperors over our liberties

Actually, I consider this part of the Constitution a stroke of genius. Without the Supremes, think of the damage that a majority rule could do to the country. There would never have been a Heller decision, nor McDonald, nor Brown v. Topeka, Loving v. Virginia.... There have been more wonderful decisions out of the Court than bad ones, at least in my opinion.

The thought that we even need to have this conversation is beyond me. No way am I disrespecting you forum members, but the lack of knowledge and insight that is shown by our "beloved leaders" just further proves their incompetence and disdain for America. ( mad, grrr)

The thought that we even need to have this conversation is beyond me. No way am I disrespecting you forum members, but the lack of knowledge and insight that is shown by our "beloved leaders" just further proves their incompetence andWILLFUL ignorance and disdain for America and its foundational documents. ( mad, grrr)

Fixed it for you

Exactly...if the founding fathers didn't want cannons and artillery to the public they would have excluded them. They wanted the arms that were accessible to the military in the hands of the people to prevent the standing armies from being used by an oppressive government against the people.
King George's army was going to Concord to confiscate privately owned cannons among other arms. So actually cannons and other arms are covered by the 2nd.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

No political system can counter human frailties. They did a pretty decent job of creating one that minimized them for a long time. Several of them viewed it as experimental from the start and as horrific as it's been corrupted, I think they'd be proud to see us still standing over two centuries later as a world super power.

"A society that does not prize virtue cannot effectively self govern itself."

ETA: It'll all collapse eventually. We can still endeavor to both delay and soften that collapse. If we do well enough, the collapse will be more of an evolution into the next experiment. Hopefully the next stage is similar to the first, just with clearer guidelines that attempts to account for fast developing technology and societal shifts.

Actually, I consider this part of the Constitution a stroke of genius. Without the Supremes, think of the damage that a majority rule could do to the country. There would never have been a Heller decision, nor McDonald, nor Brown v. Topeka, Loving v. Virginia.... There have been more wonderful decisions out of the Court than bad ones, at least in my opinion.

IMO it would mean we would have to pay attention to politics or lose it all

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads