JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If your not committing a crime is this really a big deal?

On a personal note when they start putting these cameras up in Silverton I'll be worried.

And again I ask what should we do about this? What's the PLAN here guys?

On a personal note when they start putting these cameras up in Silverton I'll be worried.

This is a slippery slope against privacy. Moreover, the government has already demonstrated that it can and will share data between agencies against you (e.g. IRS sharing taxpayer information if you had contributed to the Tea Party).

Peter

Mark
That is VERY short-sighted . . . This is the people in power in the government you are talking about here.
They are perfectly happy to eat you. "one-bite-at-a-time!"

Visualize the run-up to Buchenwald and Auschwitz.
Sheldon

First, there is no right to privacy in a public place. That is established law, and would have to be overturned by legislation or constitutional amendment. This is unlikely to happen.

Second, monitoring of public places, like streets and sidewalks, is widespread already. Both government and private (think security cameras and Google Street View) networks already exist. Britain is an example of extensive monitoring in London, and probably most other urban areas.

Third, just because the system exists, it isn't a threat unless the government is using it to aid improper acts. Providing evidence in trail for looters is appropriate. Tracking someones movements for a political purpose is not.

Fourth, judging the appropriateness of a monitoring system should not be done by applying current technology. In the future, facial recognition and other tech applications may, in combination with cheap memory and advanced search tech, allow following the movements of many people the government decides are "dangerous." Smart systems are dangerous. Dumb ones require a lot of work to misuse.

It is pretty easy to see a value to a system that can track the movements of a getaway car from a bank robbery. It is scary to think this same system could follow the movements of someone that is protesting the abuse of government power.

Incremental steps to the "1984" type of "pre-crime" society.
NO !
Let the grid region go broke and decay away. Go elsewhere.

Mark
That is VERY short-sighted . . . This is the people in power in the government you are talking about here.
They are perfectly happy to eat you. "one-bite-at-a-time!"

Visualize the run-up to Buchenwald and Auschwitz.
Sheldon

:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:
And eat you they will.
One piece at a time.
IF TOLERATED ! ? Affected people's choice !

OK Chicken Littles

I agree NOW tell me what to do about it...........Otherwise the only possible effect of knowing this is going on is to depress people who can't do anything about it.

OK Chicken Littles

I agree NOW tell me what to do about it...........Otherwise the only possible effect of knowing this is going on is to depress people who can't do anything about it.

Well I guess its a good thing that even the strongest spring won't compare to the resiliency that people have. Ever tried to depress a very strong spring too far? Yeah, its kind of a predictable result and judging by history (& current events), governments would have better luck with depressing springs, not people. Oh except those Arab made springs :s0103:

Avoid the area, spread the word and impact the businesses and revenue stream til they get sick of it and go spit on the city admins to get it the hell out of there.
If they dont, just feel good you are not supporting any part of it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top