JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It seems that the Mayor and City Council should be held liable for any lost revenue that the dealers suffer as a result of this enactment. Also, they should have to reimburse any group or person that expended funds fighting this law.

I'm no judge or even a lawyer, but "registration, licensing, possession, purchase, sale, acquisition, transfer, discharge, and transportation of firearms, or any other element relating to firearms or parts thereof, including ammunition and re-loader components" – falls entirely under the legislature's authority" pretty much sums it up. I just don't see how this could go the way it did.

:s0095:

It will catch on elsewhere. It's for the kids. Taxing growing minorities is socially acceptable; you only need to look at cigarette taxes to see where this will go and the funds always go to some nebulous purpose but ends up in the general rat hole.

To everyone:
Some twit at Examiner has messed with the link. I'm trying to get that fixed. My apologies to anyone who was frustrated with a "404" message. Merry Christmas and thanks for reading.

Judge upholds Seattle gun tax challenge; SAF vows to appeal

A King County Superior Court judge late this afternoon denied a request for summary judgment against the City of Seattle's so-called "gun violence tax," but the Second Amendment Foundation issued a statement declaring it will appeal.

<broken link removed>

I'm not the least bit surprised at this ruling - I'm guessing this judge is in King County? I will be a bit more surprised if it survives in appeal as there is already a precedent set in a previous ruling. The biggest PIA here is that going to appeals court costs the plaintiffs even more money, just to show Seattle that they are in direct violation of state law. I do agree those on the city council should be held financially liable if this case is overturned.

Rat bastards. WTF is wrong with people in OR and WA that keep putting these losers in office?

I've seen on the news recently multiple complaints about the Portland City Council and how there very poor decisions are hurting people, especially people with low incomes. Added taxes and fees, not addressing basic needs and infrastructure, even raising rents on a public owned housing development that was going to cause some people to lose their residence. Yet these same people, the same ones complaining about poor policy and decision making, keep putting them back in office. One thing is for sure, they can't blame anyone but themselves and their party for these things.

I'm no judge or even a lawyer, but "registration, licensing, possession, purchase, sale, acquisition, transfer, discharge, and transportation of firearms, or any other element relating to firearms or parts thereof, including ammunition and re-loader components" – falls entirely under the legislature's authority" pretty much sums it up. I just don't see how this could go the way it did.

:s0095:
They sell baby hearts to the highest bidder. What? lol
Nothing they do makes any sort of sense.. save for / they got theirs and you gonna pay for it thank you very much.

Only round one, I think the judge must be smoking something.
<broken link removed>
And if I'm not mistaken I thought I read that you headlined the thread title to read "Seattle has won".. Maybe a lot of people don't understand the V-V biz but you probably coulda phrased that "better"? anyway

And if I'm not mistaken I thought I read that you headlined the thread title to read "Seattle has won".. Maybe a lot of people don't understand the V-V biz but you probably coulda phrased that "better"? anyway
They have won, it will take an appeal to over turn it. Has not happened yet.

Frankly I'm surprised that there are ANY firearms/ammunition related businesses IN Seattle (Peoples Republic of). I'd have pulled stakes from there a LONG time ago without looking back.

As long as this stands, my recommendation for everyone that lives in Seattle is to make all their purchases online and outside the city limits. Then use the city Facebook page to post photos of every single damn gun and cartridge (boolit ;)) you purchased without paying their unlawful extortion fee...er, tax. Boycott Seattle and let them suck wind. The only effect this will have is to drive gun shops/sellers out of business in the city limits. Residents that buy this stuff will do what they can to avoid the illegal extortion....sorry, I keep doing that :rolleyes:, the TAX.

Frankly I'm surprised that there are ANY firearms/ammunition related businesses IN Seattle (Peoples Republic of). I'd have pulled stakes from there a LONG time ago without looking back.
Yeah,I would have moved my shop years ago instead of being in that city.The buyer will come to you if you move and are a great business.
Heck I'm sure you can find cheaper rent than in the city limits
See Seattle is a lost cause,except as they vote the rest of the state goes.Otherwise just stop spending money in seattle.Hit them with your pocket book.

I'm thinking that was one of the primary reasons for the city to enact this, not raise a paltry few hundred K dollars for 'education'. Don't want no stinkin' gun stores in Seattle...

Disgusting.

2A rights and EVERYTHING involved with it (ammo, reloading..etc) should NEVER be taxed, it bars some from being able to adequately buy and train for their own self defense, therefor exempt under the constitution.

Its class warfare, among many other tyrannical attacks on our right to keep and bear arms.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top