JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

SEATTLE - Police shot and killed a man who was firing a rifle from a Capitol Hill apartment window early Friday, officials said.

Officers rushed to the scene, near 23rd Avenue and East John Street, at about 5:45 a.m. after receiving a report of a man firing a gun from a window.

As police arrived, the man opened fire. Officers shot back, striking the suspect at least once. He was later pronounced dead.

Investigators are now at the scene.

I wonder what the common denominator is with all this recent gun related crime? I notice they never state the person's political affiliation!

The Common denominator is "Whoa is me, life's not fair, I want my free cell phone, I want my Mom, gimme what I want, wah wah wah..." America has become the land of entitlement. Everyone thinks they are entitled to what someone else has but they are not willing to work for it. If they work for it then "Yes" they can have it. But I will not just hand it to them.

I don't know about you or anyone else but I had to work to get what I have and I have to fight to keep it.

The political affiliation is indirectly obvious. Take a look at what political affiliation wants the masses to be solely dependent on the Govt. Big Daddy will take care of you he'll give you what you deserve. None of the Political affiliations will come out and say that but that is what they want. That is where the control and money is.

We should go shooting sometime Rotty, since we are both in Skagit

I agree with much of what you say but I don't know if it would be obvious if the perp was right or left to the police sniper. Regardless of affiliation he was a criminal as soon as he fired a shot. Could be suicide by cop or simply a person who got pushed past his limit of rational thought. Capital Hill is shall we say leaning towards the "marches to a different drummer" segment of society.
Problem is, most people see another reason to confiscate guns because of idiots like this.
Brutus out

Curious reporting of Friday morning's SPD shooting

For some inexplicable reason, Seattle news agencies have omitted an important detail in the fatal Friday morning shooting of an armed man who reportedly fired one round from a rifle at police before one officer returned fire and killed the man.

<broken link removed>

Dave, it's the Police that solved this problem. Not an AR! (can you hear my sarcasm?) The media goes out of its way to make sure the story reads as only the bad guy had a gun and bad intent. Having the general population read that good guys WITH GUNS saved the day just doesn't fit their agenda. Scary times we live in!

Dave, it's the Police that solved this problem. Not an AR! (can you hear my sarcasm?) The media goes out of its way to make sure the story reads as only the bad guy had a gun and bad intent. Having the general population read that good guys WITH GUNS saved the day just doesn't fit their agenda. Scary times we live in!

Bill, I really can't concur with your assessment only because the reporters involved at the Times and P-I are pretty good reporters. Both have displayed in the past really good attention to detail, so it's a head-scratcher for me. I'm saying this as a practicing journalist, not some partisan. Both are experienced and know their stuff.

Bill, I really can't concur with your assessment only because the reporters involved at the Times and P-I are pretty good reporters. Both have displayed in the past really good attention to detail, so it's a head-scratcher for me. I'm saying this as a practicing journalist, not some partisan. Both are experienced and know their stuff.

IMO a good journalist should be like Joe Friday, "Just the Facts Ma'am". Allow the reader to draw their own conclusions based on fact rather than the Journalist opinion of what they think they saw or heard. When it comes to the Times and P-I Sorry but were talking Seattle here. Their journalist tend to allow their personal feelings and opinions get in the way.

My previous life in LEO being privy to what the facts were pertaining to an incident then seeing that event on the news or in print were often times two different stories. Journalist credibility lost.

The Times and P-I do know their stuff.....what gets ratings and sells stories.

IMO a good journalist should be like Joe Friday, "Just the Facts Ma'am". Allow the reader to draw their own conclusions based on fact rather than the Journalist opinion of what they think they saw or heard. When it comes to the Times and P-I Sorry but were talking Seattle here. Their journalist tend to allow their personal feelings and opinions get in the way.

My previous life in LEO being privy to what the facts were pertaining to an incident then seeing that event on the news or in print were often times two different stories. Journalist credibility lost.

The Times and P-I do know their stuff.....what gets ratings and sells stories.

I don't disagree about journalism and editorializing. I do both.
What I'm talking about in the Exam column were two very straight, matter-of-fact reports about Friday's shooting. And both omitted the bit about the patrol rifle. It's not something that should become bigger than life, but it's kind of curious.

Neither Times or P-I reports had any opinion in them, and I'm pretty good about identifying that sort of thing.

I wonder what the common denominator is with all this recent gun related crime?

Mental illness. The recent Capitol Hill shooting was discussed here, and a friend of the person involved described his unfortunate descent into serious mental illness. I suspect this one will turn out the same way.

Downtown in general, and Capitol Hill in specific have a high density of mental health services, including housing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top