JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mayor McGinn just finished a news conference. Sounds like the shooter, who left the scene, has now shot himself.

Before the families can even start to grieve, our faithful Mayor has, as usual, taken the first opportunity to call for stricter gun laws. He feels that it is "too easy for people to get guns". Clearly his solution will be to try to punish all of us, not just the criminals. We'd better start preparing for this one. You can bet that the wingnuts as WSF will push for a bill, already written and waiting. My gut says this will be a bigger fight than the last couple.

They're really pushing the gun control mantra on KIRO right now. Raible just talked about "closing the gun show loophole". For crying out loud. How many firearms bought at gun shows have criminals used in shootings in Washington? Does this increase in violence need to be addressed? Absolutely, but the tired old cliche "solutions" constantly pushed by the gun grabbers won't help any - that's been proven time and time again. Time to think rather than react emotionally.

UPDATE: Suspect has died. Probably the same person who killed a woman earlier and stole her car.

They're really pushing the gun control mantra on KIRO right now. Raible just talked about "closing the gun show loophole". For crying out loud. How many firearms bought at gun shows have criminals used in shootings in Washington? Does this increase in violence need to be addressed? Absolutely, but the tired old cliche "solutions" constantly pushed by the gun grabbers won't help any - that's been proven time and time again. Time to think rather than react emotionally.

UPDATE: Suspect has died. Probably the same person who killed a woman earlier and stole her car.

No, it's the guy that shot the five people in the cafe. He shot himself in the head when the police showed up. He was still alive when the EMTs left with him, but I guess he didn't make it.

The Ravenna shooter is still on the loose.

My apologies: I just learned that apparently only the one guy did both shootings. The reports I was watching yesterday said they were looking for two different shooters with far different descriptions. Lots of confusion going on early in the investigation. :eek:

Seattle's politicians (and I consider high ranking Police in big cities to be primarily politicians), including the current Mayor and has-been Nichols, are LOVING this. They've joined Washington Ceasefire, gleefully "dancing in the blood," as they rant on about lax gun laws and the need to get rid of guns. Give them half a chance, and they'll turn Seattle into a hellhole like NYC, Washington, DC or Chicago, while they continue to squawk that "we don't have a gang problem, we have a gun problem."

It's pretty pitiful that the nutball in the coffee shop wasn't stopped by an armed citizen before he could shoot more than one or two.

I don't know what's worse, the Ruling Class dirtbags spewing this crap that laws making it hard for the law-abiding to arm will somehow cause the lawless to stop shooting people, or the hordes of "useful idiots" out there who will actually believe it.

I hear China has just let off a blast to the effect that our civilian gun ownership is a "human rights violation." Well, they almost got it, just one very provable small historical error: It's Government gun ownership that is the greatest threat to human rights and human life.

... listening to a radio interview on KIRO-FM this morning. Washington Ceasefire were having their say. Not sure if they called in, or the station called the group.

A listener had emailed the station stating that the gun shows were in fact, not an easy place to buy a gun (not a verbatim quote). Most of us know that WAC run these correctly.
When asked to comment on the email, the spokesperson from Washington Ceasefire labelled that listener as a 'likely ... a gun extremist'.

Counter anything that the Brady bunch or Washington Ceasefire have to say and be labelled as a gun extremist.

On another related topic:
The City of Seattle received two grants totaling $75,000 to fund the position of a “gun violence prevention coordinator” in its Office of Intergovernmental Relations (OIR) from the Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) through the end of 2011, but assured the Gun Rights Examiner Wednesday that the position is no longer funded.
Read more ...
<broken link removed>

It's not over is it?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews