Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Seattle University District Shooting

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by brianjronk, May 30, 2012.

1. brianjronk

brianjronk Marysville, WA Active Member

2. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

Uggh.

3. doomsday

doomsday COLTON OREGON Active Member

our world is going under.. this is so wrong..

4. bshnt2015

bshnt2015 CA & WA Member

Just heard, sounds bad.

5. Rascals

Rascals Portland Or Active Member

Funny there no gun policy sure did not seem to stop another shooting. Maybe they should allow CCW on there property. But we know this will just continue.

accessbob and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Mayor McGinn just finished a news conference. Sounds like the shooter, who left the scene, has now shot himself.

Before the families can even start to grieve, our faithful Mayor has, as usual, taken the first opportunity to call for stricter gun laws. He feels that it is "too easy for people to get guns". Clearly his solution will be to try to punish all of us, not just the criminals. We'd better start preparing for this one. You can bet that the wingnuts as WSF will push for a bill, already written and waiting. My gut says this will be a bigger fight than the last couple.

7. Flopsweat

They're really pushing the gun control mantra on KIRO right now. Raible just talked about "closing the gun show loophole". For crying out loud. How many firearms bought at gun shows have criminals used in shootings in Washington? Does this increase in violence need to be addressed? Absolutely, but the tired old cliche "solutions" constantly pushed by the gun grabbers won't help any - that's been proven time and time again. Time to think rather than react emotionally.

UPDATE: Suspect has died. Probably the same person who killed a woman earlier and stole her car.

8. jlprtr

jlprtr Shoreline, WA New Member

No, it's the guy that shot the five people in the cafe. He shot himself in the head when the police showed up. He was still alive when the EMTs left with him, but I guess he didn't make it.

The Ravenna shooter is still on the loose.

9. Flopsweat

KIRO is saying it's the same guy who carjacked a woman at 8th and Seneca.

10. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Two armed home invasions in Spokane last night.

Crazy times..

bubblegum is getting bubblegummier

Keep your powder dry.

11. Flopsweat

KIRO now reports that SPD has retracted their statement that the suspect died at Harborview from a self-inflected gunshot wound to the head. He is apparently still alive.

12. jlprtr

jlprtr Shoreline, WA New Member

My apologies: I just learned that apparently only the one guy did both shootings. The reports I was watching yesterday said they were looking for two different shooters with far different descriptions. Lots of confusion going on early in the investigation. :eek:

13. Rascals

Rascals Portland Or Active Member

So If he stole a car should they not close the car dealership loophole. Becasue he could not of done all he did without a car.

Glockman19 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Outside Ft Lewis East Gate Active Member

The shooters family says he had a Concealed Pistol License that they tried to have revoked, but no one would listen to them. This will throw some gasoline on the anti-gun fires.

15. Jammer Six

Jammer Six North Greenlake, Seattle New Member

I've lost count. I think the count is 6 shootings in seven days, but I'm not sure.

16. lamrith

lamrith tacoma Active Member

Yeah definitely not good news and it will give them lots to use in thier campaign.

17. Hamilton Felix

Hamilton Felix Marblemount, Washington Active Member

Seattle's politicians (and I consider high ranking Police in big cities to be primarily politicians), including the current Mayor and has-been Nichols, are LOVING this. They've joined Washington Ceasefire, gleefully "dancing in the blood," as they rant on about lax gun laws and the need to get rid of guns. Give them half a chance, and they'll turn Seattle into a hellhole like NYC, Washington, DC or Chicago, while they continue to squawk that "we don't have a gang problem, we have a gun problem."

It's pretty pitiful that the nutball in the coffee shop wasn't stopped by an armed citizen before he could shoot more than one or two.

I don't know what's worse, the Ruling Class dirtbags spewing this crap that laws making it hard for the law-abiding to arm will somehow cause the lawless to stop shooting people, or the hordes of "useful idiots" out there who will actually believe it.

I hear China has just let off a blast to the effect that our civilian gun ownership is a "human rights violation." Well, they almost got it, just one very provable small historical error: It's Government gun ownership that is the greatest threat to human rights and human life.

18. wombat

wombat Kirkland, WA Member

... listening to a radio interview on KIRO-FM this morning. Washington Ceasefire were having their say. Not sure if they called in, or the station called the group.

A listener had emailed the station stating that the gun shows were in fact, not an easy place to buy a gun (not a verbatim quote). Most of us know that WAC run these correctly.
    When asked to comment on the email, the spokesperson from Washington Ceasefire labelled that listener as a 'likely ... a gun extremist'.

Counter anything that the Brady bunch or Washington Ceasefire have to say and be labelled as a gun extremist.

On another related topic:
    The City of Seattle received two grants totaling $75,000 to fund the position of a “gun violence prevention coordinator” in its Office of Intergovernmental Relations (OIR) from the Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) through the end of 2011, but assured the Gun Rights Examiner Wednesday that the position is no longer funded.
    Read more ...
    MAIG $75K grant funded

It's not over is it?

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  19. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

The state is a human rights violation.

20. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Maybe they should get rid of the need for a CPL for WA residents to CC?