JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This technology is designed to increase the speed/accuracy of responding to "shots fired" reports. It is not designed to prevent crime. The best measurement would be the speed at which the crime scene is located (either the victim, witness, or criminal). Other statistics would not be a good measure of the technology (crime rate, # of gun-related homicides, etc....)

Right, but given the response time for Seattle PD, is it really going to be useful?

'The average response time to calls is seven minutes, which is the national average for a large American city.

“Although Seattle as a whole is at the national average, some areas are below that average,” Washburn said. As the report points out, police response often exceeds seven minutes when call volume is high.'

<broken link removed>

Now, I don't know if they have improved much since this was published, but I suspect they haven't really changed it that much, it's just the nature of the beast. Not much they can do other than hire 10,000 more cops...

With response time being five or more minutes....heck, I can be a LONG ways away in five minutes.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top