JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As expected, the Seattle Times is in the tank for the gun grabbers and Bloomberg. Note that they completely gloss over the serious flaws in 594 with transfers, discussed in their own debate video. The duplicity is outrageous.

http://seattletimes.com/html/editorials/2023988185_guninitiativesedit06xml.html

Then tell them so, and THEN, go visit the POGR website and kick in $20, or vce versa. Donate to POGR / I-591 and THEN tell the Seattle Times you think their reasoning sucks and as a result you just contributed to I-591.

Fully expected the Times to support 594 and not support 591.

With that said, I think that this is a decision that many people are going to form their own opinions about and vote accordingly, unlike something such as a tax levy or a less polarizing issue (although the library levy a couple years ago passed despite the Times not supporting it).

Can the mainstream press be that out-of-touch about gun rights?

Editorials over the weekend at both ends of the country — in the Seattle Times endorsing a far-reaching and invasive gun control initiative and in the Newark Star-Ledger blasting New Jersey Gov. Chris Cristie's veto of a magazine capacity limit — and the public reaction are cause to wonder whether newspaper editorial boards are wholly disconnected from their readers, if not reality altogether.

<broken link removed>

Canceled my subscription today and explained why.

"Objective"ly, 1 am willing to bet that you could still disrupt their echo chamber, weighing in on these sort of stories for the year or so since they went to the "paid " route, while not being a paid subscriber ;-)

Incognito-01_zps0ba1e356.jpg

Letters to the editor. 2nd most read portion of a newspaper. You do have a public voice if you can get your letter published (Seattle Times, local paper, where ever). Even if it is to sway a few voters on minor points. Washington defenders, get writing!

Last Edited:
Letters to the editor. 2nd most read portion of a newspaper. You do have a public voice if you can get your letter published (Seattle Times, local paper, where ever). Even if it is to sway a few voters on minor points. Washington defenders, get writing!

Quite right. Before you click on "send," of course, re-read your letter and MAKE SURE YOUR SPELLING is CORRECT. Common mistakes are "your" versus "you're" and "there" versus "their."

Quite right. Before you click on "send," of course, re-read your letter and MAKE SURE YOUR SPELLING is CORRECT. Common mistakes are "your" versus "you're" and "there" versus "their."

2) It's spelled "amendment", not "ammendment". We don't need to give them the tools to prove we are the stupid, ugly and non-spelling rednecks that they claim we are.

I don't think anyone is surprised that that's the way the endorsment went. I am only somewhat surprised that they glossed over the details of 594 as much as they did. Didn't really expect good or objective journalism from them.

I was more than mildly ammused by the Seattle Times guy begging for subscribers at the Taste of Tacoma the other weekend. He reeked of desperation. He basically told us the paper is going under unless they can get more subscriptions, "so please help keep this institution of Seattle news!" I would be more happy to see them institutionalized than to consider them real news.

Big push beginning for Wash. gun control initiative

The push is on for Washington State's 18-page gun control scheme, Initiative 594, with the Seattle Times publishing a Jerry Large column this morning that strongly suggests the measure is about tracking firearms and that the "universal background check" at the heart of this measure is to reveal "when guns change hands, whether it's a sale or a family member borrowing a gun, and makes failure to have a check done a crime."

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

I just read the editorial & comments. Didn't see any compelling reason to even consider 594 as a legitimate measure to reduce crimes committed with firearms.

Jerry Large is a Large waste of column space in the paper.

<broken link removed>

I just read the editorial & comments. Didn't see any compelling reason to even consider 594 as a legitimate measure to reduce crimes committed with firearms.

Jerry Large is a Large waste of column space in the paper.

Remember that at election time. The Elway poll has the odds very much tilted for passage of 594 and I-591 is not in good shape. Gun owners have just over three months to turn that around.

> There are a whole lot of gun owners out there who have been way too willing to let a handful of people carry their water for too long.

This one is for all the marbles. The NRA has a slogan: "All In." And earlier this year at the NRA convention, they launched an advertising video that seems tailor-made for the dueling initiatives battle here:

Bloomberg's Millions
"Bloomberg is one guy with millions. We're millions with our 25 bucks." Show Bloomberg that your membership WILL stop him cold!"

Now's the time to kick in $25, about the price of a box of shells for your deer rifle, to build a campaign warchest for I-591 that will help stop I-594 and the gun prohibition lobby.

POGR
12500 N.E. Tenth Place
Bellevue, WA 98005
Attn: Phil Watson
http://wagunrights.org/

Last Edited:
Further thought on paragraph 4(f)(v) "
....while hunting if the hunting is legal in all places where the person to whom the firearm is transferred possesses the firearm and the person to whom the firearm is transferred has completed all training and holds all licenses or permits required for such hunting, provided that any temporary transfer allowed by this subsection is permitted only if the person to whom the firearm is transferred is not prohibited from possessing firearms under state or federal law; ..."

Since game regulations require certain calibers and above for certain game, at certain times of the year, not all firearms are always exempted, even if you call it a "hunting trip".... And you still can't practice before the season starts with someone other than your spouse/domestic partner's firearm, without doing a UBC, if this proposal were to pass.

:-/

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads