Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Seattle Times: Police seize dangerous 'arsenal' of 22LR in Magnolia

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by 8ball, May 1, 2014.

1. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

The alleged MP5 submachine gun turned out to be 22LR. Probably one of those GSG plinker guns. From the photo, it appears he also had a number of fake suppressors, some grips and a pair of sunglasses. Great photo opportunity.

I'm not defending the guy, who sounds like a junkie, but it's not an arsenal. If they mean "arsenal" in the sense of a military arsenal, I'd hate to see the poor soldiers who are stuck with 22LR. What's their side weapon, a bow and arrow?

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/04/police-seize-cache-of-weapons-heroin-from-magnolia-home/

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Seattle libtards at their finest.

ZA_Survivalist likes this.
  3. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

I think the tipster probably meant "arsenal" as a collection or supply of weapons or munitions, which it was, albeit small. The Times referred to it correctly as a "cache," in this instance, as in a collection of items of the same type stored in a hidden or inaccessible place.

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Here's a SWAT entry team helmet cam photo of the perp as they entered the armory...

image.jpg

8ball, Redcap and 2506 like this.
  5. j3hill

j3hill North SNOCO Member

Dont know who is worse. The cops, the Seattle times. Or the douchebag who reported the poor bastard.

Stomper likes this.
  6. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

If true, how did they not deserve to get investigated or busted? Heroin, explosive devices, felon in possession? How's that make the police "worse"? Do you think this makes gun owners look good?
    There are some different kind of views about obeying the law expressed in this thread. o_O

7. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Aside from the heroin.. What was wrong?
    Lmao, a "powerful" MP5.. These people know nothing of what they write.. It may as well be pure fiction.. For it nearly almost is.

8. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Did anybody see the Cobray M11/9 on the very right hand side of the pic?

9. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Good eye! Didn't see that at first look. As far as the rest of it goes, it pretty much looks
    like a "trip to the range". Except there is no ammo. Given that at least half of the guns
    are 22LR, I guess that's understandable. Too bad that it's probably all destined for
    destruction.

10. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Southern Cascades Well-Known Member

I hate when they destroy an Archaic Browning .22 lr auto pistol or a 1949 Early Ruger Standard mark 1 (Serial # less than 100)

11. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

"The poor bastard" was selling heroin. Were the cops wrong in arresting him?

2506 likes this.
  12. Bacchus

Bacchus The Republic Active Member

This is why I discontinued my subscription to the Seattle Times. I subscribe to another newspaper now.

I refuse to empower the Times with my subscription money. No wonder they're all going under.