JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The alleged MP5 submachine gun turned out to be 22LR. Probably one of those GSG plinker guns. From the photo, it appears he also had a number of fake suppressors, some grips and a pair of sunglasses. Great photo opportunity.

I'm not defending the guy, who sounds like a junkie, but it's not an arsenal. If they mean "arsenal" in the sense of a military arsenal, I'd hate to see the poor soldiers who are stuck with 22LR. What's their side weapon, a bow and arrow?

Seattle police seized a cache of firearms and arrested a 34-year-old man who was allegedly selling the weapons and heroin from a home in Magnolia.

On Saturday, police received a tip that a 26-year-old man — who lives with his parents in the home – and a friend had an "arsenal" of firearms in the basement of the home in the 2800 block of 25th Avenue West, police said.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/04/police-seize-cache-of-weapons-heroin-from-magnolia-home/

The alleged MP5 submachine gun turned out to be 22LR. Probably one of those GSG plinker guns. From the photo, it appears he also had a number of fake suppressors, some grips and a pair of sunglasses. Great photo opportunity.

I'm not defending the guy, who sounds like a junkie, but it's not an arsenal. If they mean "arsenal" in the sense of a military arsenal, I'd hate to see the poor soldiers who are stuck with 22LR. What's their side weapon, a bow and arrow?

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/04/police-seize-cache-of-weapons-heroin-from-magnolia-home/

I think the tipster probably meant "arsenal" as a collection or supply of weapons or munitions, which it was, albeit small. The Times referred to it correctly as a "cache," in this instance, as in a collection of items of the same type stored in a hidden or inaccessible place.

Here's a SWAT entry team helmet cam photo of the perp as they entered the armory...

image.jpg

a small quantity of heroin, SPD patches, a Pacific police officer's badge and two suspected homemade explosive devices...
The 34-year-old friend, who also lives in the home, was arrested for investigation of being a felon in possession of firearms

If true, how did they not deserve to get investigated or busted? Heroin, explosive devices, felon in possession? How's that make the police "worse"? Do you think this makes gun owners look good?
There are some different kind of views about obeying the law expressed in this thread. o_O

Aside from the heroin.. What was wrong?
Lmao, a "powerful" MP5.. These people know nothing of what they write.. It may as well be pure fiction.. For it nearly almost is.

Did anybody see the Cobray M11/9 on the very right hand side of the pic?
Good eye! Didn't see that at first look. As far as the rest of it goes, it pretty much looks
like a "trip to the range". Except there is no ammo. Given that at least half of the guns
are 22LR, I guess that's understandable. Too bad that it's probably all destined for
destruction.

This is why I discontinued my subscription to the Seattle Times. I subscribe to another newspaper now.

I refuse to empower the Times with my subscription money. No wonder they're all going under.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top