JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else find it ironic that the city of seattle is sueing to block a vote of the people on the basis of being unconstitutional. Doesnt it say in our constitution that we have the right to keep and bare arms as well? Even the washington state constitution has language about it if I'm not mistaken. Thoughts?

I don't remember if this is the 2nd or 3rd time Eyman had a car tab initiative pass
however I do remember the previous ones all being challenged and having lost in court
or the state/city finding ways around it with new fees..
So let me make a bold prediction.
This one doesn't stand a chance either.

Article 1 of the Washington State Constitution

SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

I'd be happy if they would just leave the law abiding gun community alone, but since that seems impossible into the blarney deep with them! Yoho yoho!

I was confused at the title because, to me, "car tab" means Uber or Taxi. LOL

More background and news on the subject. Seems Seattle wants to have their cake and eat it too. Imagine that, when we hold governments to be fiscally responsible. If only we could do the same for our Federal Government.

Sponsored by Tim Eyman, the measure would cap most taxes paid through annual vehicle registration at $30 and largely revoke the authority of state and local governments to add new taxes and fees without voter approval.

...the measure would cap most taxes paid through annual vehicle registration at $30 and largely revoke the authority of state and local governments to add new taxes and fees without voter approval.

The measure would also repeal taxes and fees that were already in place, which could cost the state and local governments more than $4 billion in revenue over the next six years, according to the state Office of Financial Management.

And about the bill sponsor:

Timothy Donald Eyman is a conservative political activist in the U.S. state of Washington. He advocates for a smaller state government through lowering state taxes and fees.

Cap taxes at $30 buck and force any new taxes to only be levied with direct voter approval? Guy sounds like he's thinkin' pretty straight to me.

The citizen is constantly told to vote right? How many times have you personally been told "if you don't like whats happening then make sure and vote". So we vote every flipping election cycle aaannnnddd guess what? NOTHING CHANGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If by some miracle a ballot measure that actually benefits the people IE: lower taxes, less regulation, etc etc, gets passed the legislature blatanly ignores the will of the people and sues/overturns the results and continues on their merry way.
I know for the most part this site is an echo chamber but for F@%K's sake when does it end? Politicians at EVERY level of goverment have proved that they have nothing but disdain and contempt for the "common" man who dares to disagree with them. :mad:

Another thread here somewhere on this. As mentioned this has been done so many times I lost track. Every time the State just ignores what the people vote for. The same voters who pass this grumble, then vote the same people back into office, then keep paying the tabs. So why is it anyone is shocked this happens? Of course the State will again just pretend this did not happen and spend tax payer money to do away with it yet again. Then the same voters will put the same people back into office. The people in charge have to be laughing up their sleeves behind closed doors.

1573258262873.jpeg

Until we the people break out the torches and pitchforks NOTHING WILL CHANGE!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top