JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think seattle needs to stop making the rest of the state pay for their idiocrisy.

They want to provide massive govt over spending, free needles to druggies and continue to pay $50k plus per homeless waste of oxygen then let them out of seattles taxes, not mine.

Just wall it off.

'they' punished a whole state of law abiding people with i594 and 1639 and now theyre throwing a tantrum because its gonna be $30 to register your damn car?

geeze, GET BACK TO WORK!

$500/yr is RIDICULOUS anyway.

every time i go to the better part (east of the cascades) of oregon, especially WAY out east huntint, i wonder how can 2 counties of this state DICTATE how the people way out east live. theres a lot of non-compliance out east. i guarantee it and rightfully so.

im with @clearconscience WALL IT OFF!

I am reminded of the movie, My Cousin Vinny, where Vinny is reminding the boys where they are, and tells them, "there is no way this is not going to trial". You can google it up if you want a good chuckle.

My 30 year old motorcycle cost me $63.75 annually. Beginning in 2022 it will go up another ten dollars.

Thirty dollar tabs is a pipe dream. The legislature will simply reject the initiative if the courts do not overturn it. See article II section 41 of the state constitution - the two year no touching initiatives rule can be precluded.

I highly recommend everyone head over to Chapter 46.17 RCW: VEHICLE FEES and read the license fee schedule and the distribution statement for each fee.

The licensing scheme is very complex but you can simply grab your registration and look at the bottom third of the page. All of the fees that appear on your registration are explained as well as the use of each fee.

OH YEAH, don't forget to read all the way through the RCW.
Beginning July 1, 2022, in addition to the motor vehicle weight fee as provided in subsection (1) of this section, the department, county auditor or other agent, or subagent appointed by the director must require an applicant to pay an additional weight fee of ten dollars, which must be distributed to the multimodal transportation account under RCW 47.66.070 unless prior to July 1, 2023, the actions described in (a) or (b) of this subsection occur, in which case the portion of the revenue that is the result of the fee increased in this subsection must be distributed to the connecting Washington account created under RCW 46.68.395.

I don't necessarily have issue with the tax in general, my issue is with the way they are spending my money.

I want to see some more accountability for the use of our money.

~Whitney

Fee is just legislative speak for tax. And what we're seeing is mounting taxes and no representation of those paying the taxes....

Seems to me there were some fellas back east that made a big tea party over just such issues....

There really is a simple solution to the "problem".
The city of Seattle must simply tax every vehicle transiting the city corridors.
This will have a dual effect, raising revenue for transit and keeping the streets clear of the less affluent. Can you imagine a good to go pass for the city corridor?

I don't like the two county monopoly on this state any more than the rest of the folks that frequent this board. I also don't want to get caught in an echo chamber, there are lots of ways to get there. We don't all have to be running the same play as long as we are running for the same goal.

~Whitney

I just had to renew tags for my wife's car in WA.
$110.
It was bad enough when they had the $30 road maintenance fee, then they added another $40 fee for some other road fee.

On top of they they passed huge tax increases on gas.

These liberal politicians and their taxing can go play in traffic.

And my roads still suck

Another thread here somewhere on this. As mentioned this has been done so many times I lost track. Every time the State just ignores what the people vote for. The same voters who pass this grumble, then vote the same people back into office, then keep paying the tabs. So why is it anyone is shocked this happens? Of course the State will again just pretend this did not happen and spend tax payer money to do away with it yet again. Then the same voters will put the same people back into office. The people in charge have to be laughing up their sleeves behind closed doors.

I still say after we hang a few politicians the rest will turn right around and volunteer to do the right thing

If an initiative passes that the ruling establishment of Wash. likes, they leave it alone. If an initiative doesn't suit the ruling establishment, it goes to the supreme court. The Wash. state supreme court is merely a rubber stamp for the ruling establishment. And that's why this keeps happening like a broken record.

During the brief time the last such measure was in force, the state bureacracy did everything they could to undermine it administratively. Like raising any tabs that had previously been under $30 to the new maximum. Like trailers. Stuff like that.

When you have a ruling establishment that appoints over 800 top management jobs in the state bureacracy and this structure has been in control for over 30 years, it's very deeply dug in.

The measure was voted against by 58% in Seattle. I read a quote by one political wheel in Seattle who said something like, "We can't let the rest of the state dictate what happens in Seattle." Oh, what's good for the goose ain't good for the gander. Seattle politics have been dictating to the rest of the state for years.

I saw a picture of all the long faces sitting in the press conference that Mayor Durkin held. Union officials, execs of construction firms, transit officials, politicians of the wrong suit. This is a rice bowl thing for all of them. All of the afore-mentioned are suckling the teat of overly-expensive transit and transportation projects. You all know that in Wash. transportation projects are a major generator of revenue for all of those interests. The construction industry and unionized labor (think "prevaling wage" which translates into "artificially high") get together and lobby politicians to promote transportation projects. In turn, the constr. biz and the unions are very generous with campaign donations and endorsements. And maybe other incentives.

Don't count on this latest initiative passing to bring relief. The ruling establishment can't allow it to succeed.

Washington & Oregon D party obviously does not care about the choice of the voters unless it aligns with their Agenda. They claim to be the party for the people . It's all a lie .

I just had to renew tags for my wife's car in WA.
$110.
It was bad enough when they had the $30 road maintenance fee, then they added another $40 fee for some other road fee.

On top of they they passed huge tax increases on gas.

These liberal politicians and their taxing can go play in traffic.

And my roads still suck
Agree with your statement. Don't forget the fee we all pay also for the ferry's on the west side too. Washington legislators on the west side are corrupt the way they screw the citizens of this state.

I change my underwear daily. We change our car's oil. We change our bed sheets, so why don't we CHANGE OUR STUPID POLITICIANS?
Damn good question. Sadly the voters just are happy with what they have. A lot of them like to gripe and scream but, they just keep putting the same people back again. I keep hoping a lot of people will finally get a belly full and change. So far just not happening. :s0054:

Damn good question. Sadly the voters just are happy with what they have. A lot of them like to gripe and scream but, they just keep putting the same people back again. I keep hoping a lot of people will finally get a belly full and change. So far just not happening. :s0054:
Doesn't help that King County Elections is nothing but one giant vote-fraud machine... Too bad Eyman's a single-issue campaigner.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top