JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the least I think the assaulting officers should go to jail and the ones who didn't protect the "suspect" should be fired.

That's what I was just thinking. that officer should be fired "on the spot", so should the girl officer. The other cops that stood their & watched this guy yell stuff out & kick the guy...they should be fired...because that's wrong. & I 100% bet they knew what was going on. right & wrong

If you had a CC permit & a crooked cop stomped your face. How would you handle the situation? most likely no camera's are around & he is going to deny it. do you stand up for yourself? I consider getting your head stomped (even 1 time) immediate life threating danger.

that video made my very unhappy. that definately is a "blood boiler"

Now we're talking.

I condemn what the Officer did, but they shouldn't all get dragged down because of it.

I think you are wrong. Our Law Enforcement MUST be held to a higher standard and it is up to each and every member to see so. Everyone there needs to be fired, because everyone there stood around and allowed one A$$ hole to ruin a police department. Every one of those cops have been painted with the brush of racism, and yes, even those that stood around and allowed this to happen. WE, the citizens of the UNITED STATES have no need for corrupt racist cops! FIRE THEM ALL!

You can't fire them all. It's not a reasonable reaction. You can suspend them all and force them into race sensitivity training, but the actions of a few officer's cannot be justification for firing the entire group.

Also keep in mind that putting an officer in prison is a bit harsher punishment than putting a civilian in jail. They have to be kept in solitary for the length of their sentence otherwise they are in danger. I think firing them and charging them with 4th degree (misdemeanor assault) would probably be appropriate.

You can't fire them all. It's not a reasonable reaction. You can suspend them all and force them into race sensitivity training, but the actions of a few officer's cannot be justification for firing the entire group.

Also keep in mind that putting an officer in prison is a bit harsher punishment than putting a civilian in jail. They have to be kept in solitary for the length of their sentence otherwise they are in danger. I think firing them and charging them with 4th degree (misdemeanor assault) would probably be appropriate.

I agree with most of that...but not with the idea that a police offer should be exempt from prison because it would be more unpleasant for them because of their job.

I agree with most of that...but not with the idea that a police offer should be exempt from prison because it would be more unpleasant for them because of their job.

They didn't do anything worthy of prison time from a legal standpoint anyway. Even a civilian charged with simple assault as a first offense would be hard pressed to end up in jail longer than the booking process. My comment there was more a response to those calling for them to be jailed.

They didn't do anything worthy of prison time from a legal standpoint anyway. Even a civilian charged with simple assault as a first offense would be hard pressed to end up in jail longer than the booking process. My comment there was more a response to those calling for them to be jailed.
Maybe not, it would depend on his past history...but the argument that you made stating it would be worse for them is one that should not be made in any case. If they commit a crime they go to jail. There should be no special consideration and it should not even be insinuated that there should be such.

FIRE EVERY COP THAT WAS PRESENT! FIRE THE STOMPER FOR HIS HOT HEADEDNESS AND FIRE EVERYONE ELSE FOR NOT CONTROLLING HIM! There is no need for this BULL CRAP!

Charge the stomper with assault...I am usually pretty much pro law enforcement but...really was that necessary at all.

Awww c'mon guys, I NEVER laid a finger on them, not once!! :D

Seriously though, that incident is "smacked up" and heads need to SERIOUSLY roll for it...

If I were the mayor I would not want one of the stand arounds on my force and yes, I would fire them all. There are plenty of good ethical men and women who would gladly take their places. And in my book this has nothing to do with race sensitivity, race was only an issue for the one bigoted cop, the rest were either ignoring what was happening or this is a common practice within the department. In either case I would fire every one of them. The public must be able to trust it's police force and from my point of view I wouldn't trust any one of them.

but the actions of a few officer's cannot be justification for firing the entire group. Bull crap! This is a police force, not a bunch of school kids with badges running around playing cops & robbers. Ethics must be upheld and the cops that were standing around watching are just as unethical! A police force MUST police itself first, and the public second and for just this reason. All those cops took an oath, all those cops FAILED to uphold the oath they swore to and if they will break their oath here where else are they willing to break it? Next thing you know they will be helping bho to round up and disarm citizens. Fire them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, just as I suspected.

"One of the officers involved, a 15-year veteran, apologized at a Friday night news conference for his "hateful words."

:s0154: Again! You know the LEO's keep doing it to them selves. I'll ask the question again.

Do you think they care?

Or...

Do you think they just hate being caught on camera?

Oh I am sorry. My eyes and ears deceived me.

Good job Leo's. It doesn't matter really, that guy should have rolled over, played dead, barked like a dog, licked the officers feet, what ever they wanted that worthless none LEO piece of crap to do. That punk laying on the ground is a piece of garbage for not doing everything that nice Leo wanted him to do. And to think he actually had the audacity to try and scratch his eye while under submission from a LEO. What was he thinking. That cop should have used a taser on him. Or shoot him for that dangerous move. Dumb sheep...uh civilian.

Yep, just as I suspected.

"One of the officers involved, a 15-year veteran, apologized at a Friday night news conference for his "hateful words."

:s0154: Again! You know the LEO's keep doing it to them selves. I'll ask the question again.

Do you think they care?

Or...

Do you think they just hate being caught on camera?

Do you think they just hate being caught on camera? BINGO!!!

I'm a bit surprised at how much weight of this thread is on the racial slurr as compared to the threat of a violent beating. The guy is lying pretty still on the ground when the cop threatens him. What an evil piece of crap Officer Shandy Cobane looks like when he does that!

Complaining here does little good so I emailed McGinn explaining that I just could not feel safe to visit Seattle with Cobane on the police force. Hopefully a few hundred thousand other Americans will do the same...

I'm a bit surprised at how much weight of this thread is on the racial slurr as compared to the threat of a violent beating. The guy is lying pretty still on the ground when the cop threatens him. What an evil piece of crap Officer Shandy Cobane looks like when he does that!

Complaining here does little good so I emailed McGinn explaining that I just could not feel safe to visit Seattle with Cobane on the police force. Hopefully a few hundred thousand other Americans will do the same...

Great post twoclones.

Do you have an e-mail address for mr. mcginn? Maybe if we were to post it here it would encourage others to do the same.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top