JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...and what, shoot a cop because he talks harshly to you while stepping on your hand? Good luck trying to convince the grand jury you were in fear of your life.

Keith

Nope. But what if it had gone further? What could have kept that officer from dragging you into an alley and beating you with a stick?

Generally, at the time of incident, the cop can do what ever it wants. And after the fact, they only need one partner with the same story.

Nope. But what if it had gone further? What could have kept that officer from dragging you into an alley and beating you with a stick?

Generally, at the time of incident, the cop can do what ever it wants. And after the fact, they only need one partner with the same story.

Agreed. I've been wondering the same thing regarding these botched SWAT drug raids into wrong addresses resulting in the death of family pets and homeowners. "Oops, sorry, wrong house." If a few officers were taken out by an innocent homeowner with a 12 g., I'm sure there would be plenty of 'evidence' found to justify the raid.

See this link...

www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/23/atlanta.police.sentencing/index.html

...fortunately, these yahoos are going to prison.

Keith

With everybody having phone camera's these days, it's a lot harder to get away with this.

Of course, the police can always arrest you for filming them as well.

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnews/2007/06/brian_d_kelly_didnt_think.html

Brian D. Kelly didn't think he was doing anything illegal when he used his videocamera to record a Carlisle police officer during a traffic stop. Making movies is one of his hobbies, he said, and the stop was just another interesting event to film.

Now he's worried about going to prison or being burdened with a criminal record.

Kelly, 18, of Carlisle, was arrested on a felony wiretapping charge, with a penalty of up to 7 years in state prison.

FIRE EVERY COP THAT WAS PRESENT! FIRE THE STOMPER FOR HIS HOT HEADEDNESS AND FIRE EVERYONE ELSE FOR NOT CONTROLLING HIM! There is no need for this BULL CRAP!

Absolutely!

"to serve and protect"... who of the bystanding officers was protecting that kid from an out of control, tyrannical cop?! They, not acting, were just as well supporting him.

Let's see. If "we" rob a bank and all I do is stand by as a lookout, I still go to prison, right? All of those officers were part of the "job" as standby and lookout and backup.

I say whatever one gets they should all get.

Wow, I cannot tell you how deeply this upsets me.

Many of the comments here are correct though. They will get sent home on PAID leave while the "investigation" happens. Enough time time to look for a job in another precinct. Probably no charges filed against the officers I am sure. And yes, with the increase of cell phone camera's there will probably be more of these videos to surface.

I know being an officer is a very difficult job, I couldn't do it. However, these are the type of people who should not be allowed to serve.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top