JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ATTITUDE is exactly what is wrong with Americans. What would you propose? You could give a bubblegum less about anybody but your self I suspect!

I propose we wait for a trial (ya know, that whole constitution thing) and see what the outcome is. You sound like a damn hippie.:s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112:

I am saddened that all we do is sit behind our computers and type out opinions... This man "Ian Burk" needs life in prison. We must do something. This is OUTRAGEOUS..... We need to stage a protest or something... Anybody got any ideas?

A group actually stated a protest. I think that is what led to the speedier investigation by SPD on the incident.

I bet you that scumbag gets no jail time. Professional courtesy from one statist thug to another.

Now, let's look at this intelligent statement. If there had been "professional courtesy" in this case, would the guy ever have been charged? Your attempt at inflaming people is transparent. :s0112: :s0112: :s0112:

Now, let's look at this intelligent statement. If there had been "professional courtesy" in this case, would the guy ever have been charged? Your attempt at inflaming people is transparent. :s0112: :s0112: :s0112:

Public outrage will force the state to go through the motions and pretend to give a crap. Again, he will not be punished in any significant manner.

On the other hand, there's this other thread here where people are getting all pissy, you included:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/strategies-tactics-training/45687-veteran-kills-officer.html

I don't see how that murder is any worse than this one, in fact, this one is worse because the victim wasn't even armed. The cop killer got the death penalty, this cop should get the same but I don't think the state should be killing any more people than they already do.

My guess: wrist-slap manslaughter charge, at worst. 5 years jail tops, 50/50 no jail at all.

I am usually the first give the benefit of the doubt to officers in iffy situations. This time I am going to have to admit that I see no possible defense or justification for this officers actions. This was just a thug with a badge. I hope he gets at least 20 years.

The difference is, we know what happened in the first case. It has gone to trial, the suspect was found by his peers as guilty. In this instance, not all of the facts have come to light- only people's suppositions.

If he is found guilty then he should face the consequences just like the last guy did. What I personally did not like is that the officer was killed for doing his job. In this case, the facts are not there to make an intelligent decision.

If he is found guilty then he should face the consequences just like the last guy did. What I personally did not like is that the officer was killed for doing his job. In this case, the facts are not there to make an intelligent decision.

LOL, allowing the legal system (not the judicial system, we don't have that), which is rigged to favor the state, to judge the guilt of a state employee who murdered a mere civilian? Yeah we all know how that's going to turn out.

I like how you actually say, "if he is found guilty". The facts are covered in the news, the video is clear, the lady in the video even asked the cop why he shot the guy. If it came to trial the police union will pressure a reluctant DA to toss the case, guaranteed.

LOL, allowing the legal system (not the judicial system, we don't have that), which is rigged to favor the state, to judge the guilt of a state employee who murdered a mere civilian? Yeah we all know how that's going to turn out.

I like how you actually say, "if he is found guilty". The news covered all the facts, the lady in the video even asked the cop why he shot the guy.

LMAO, "the news covered all the facts" did they? Have a lot of faith in the news huh? Oh and the lady... you know she saw EVERYTHING? All I'm saying, is you have NO clue. None of us do until the trial comes to pass and the facts are put out for us to see.

So, this conspiracy you think so highly of, tell me, how was this guy ever charged? Couldn't these dark forces have made it all go away?

I like how you actually say, "if he is found guilty". The facts are covered in the news, the video is clear, the lady in the video even asked the cop why he shot the guy. If it came to trial the police union will pressure a reluctant DA to toss the case, guaranteed.

Wait, this wasn't your original post.... anyway... You guarantee the "police union" will pressure a "reluctant" DA to toss the case? Because you know so much about this case, tell me why the guy is going to trial? The DA could have "tossed" the case from the get go.

Wait, this wasn't your original post.... anyway... You guarantee the "police union" will pressure a "reluctant" DA to toss the case? Because you know so much about this case, tell me why the guy is going to trial? The DA could have "tossed" the case from the get go.

"Professional courtesy" doesn't have to be an outright dismissal. Often times, it is a meaningless wrist slap.

Public outrage is the only thing that can counteract this corruption, but the statists always have their own propaganda, extolling cops as "public heroes", yadayada. Retch.

LMAO, "the news covered all the facts" did they? Have a lot of faith in the news huh? Oh and the lady... you know she saw EVERYTHING? All I'm saying, is you have NO clue. None of us do until the trial comes to pass and the facts are put out for us to see.

So, this conspiracy you think so highly of, tell me, how was this guy ever charged? Couldn't these dark forces have made it all go away?
Actually I am going to disagree with you. There is plenty of information on that tape to get a very good clue of what happened. Like I said, I am usually squarely on the side of law enforcement in most issues but this is a different situation. Why was the contact being made in the first place? Is it illegal to have a small blade visible in public. Not usually. Why was the officer so combative in his tone and approach to the old man? Why was there such a short period of time from the warnings to the gunshots? Why did the officer not maintain a safe distance if he felt the man was a threat? And so on...

I am also going to agree that it is very hard to get a conviction on a representative of the state or county. They do not want to establish any guilt that might lead to a large civil settlement. An action like this by a single officer can easily cost the county/state millions of dollars if they admit any wrong doing.

"Professional courtesy" doesn't have to be an outright dismissal. Often times, it is a meaningless wrist slap.

Public outrage is the only thing that can counteract this corruption, but the statists always have their own propaganda, extolling cops as "public heroes", yadayada. Retch.

You place all your faith in a "trial", thinking it will be impartial. That's the kind of brainwashed thinking that allows the state to trample all over this country and still have sheeple cheerleading them on. Hasn't history already shown this country's legal system to a farce? OJ got off, for crying out loud. Lon Horiuchi is still a free man, and somehow Janet Reno is not on death row for Waco.

"professional courtesy" is not giving a speeding ticket to a fellow officer.

failing to adequately charge someone for a crime they've committed, especially a homicide, is just plain double standard.

"professional courtesy" is not giving a speeding ticket to a fellow officer.

failing to adequately charge someone for a crime they've committed, especially a homicide, is just plain double standard.

I'd say both examples would be "professional courtesy". Part of the job is holding the "thin blue line" and all that crap, right?

You place all your faith in a "trial", thinking it will be impartial. That's the kind of brainwashed thinking that allows the state to trample all over this country and still have sheeple cheerleading them on. Hasn't history already shown this country's legal system to a farce? OJ got off, for crying out loud. Lon Horiuchi is still a free man, and somehow Janet Reno is not on death row for Waco.

I'll go slow, because whatever you are suppose to be taking isn't working right now.

I didn't say the trial would be impartial. I said we would have the facts laid out so we can make a better decision. I know the legal system is not fair and impartial but I also know we don't know all the facts from the news as you claimed.

I'll go slow, because whatever you are suppose to be taking isn't working right now.

I didn't say the trial would be impartial. I said we would have the facts laid out so we can make a better decision. I know the legal system is not fair and impartial but I also know we don't know all the facts from the news as you claimed.

Hah, just like how the state persecution laid out the "facts" in this case:

Brian Aitken's Mistake - Reason Magazine

As I already said, the facts are clear. How the state will pervert the facts to free their guy remains to be seen.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top