Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Seattle police lawsuit v. city cites 2A concerns

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, May 29, 2014.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

:D

Seattle cops’ 2A argument in lawsuit v. city, DOJ an interesting point

When nearly one-tenth of the Seattle Police Department’s commissioned officers yesterday filed a federal lawsuit against the city and the Department of Justice over the new federally-mandated use-of-force policy, they made an argument that the guidelines violated the Second Amendment, and gun rights advocates should pay attention to that.

http://www.examiner.com/article/seattle-cops-2a-argument-lawsuit-v-city-doj-an-interesting-point

Don H likes this.
  2. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

God forbid they should have to follow rules:eek:

3. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

God forbid YOU or any of us should be expected to follow the rules set down in this "use-of-force" policy. :confused:

4. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

Where is Mark Ferman when you need him?

lets face it, police are above the law. Kill and maim with impunity. Most of their rationale boils down to "I was afraid, so I had to shoot him 47 times!", and the courts and the judicial system buy it. The mentality is they can get away with anything, an arrogance beyond reason.

As Superchicken said to Fred "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it"

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  5. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Dave,

Probably should have bottom lined the dispute over UoF in your article, it didn't make sense until I started really reading up on the issue.

Yes, it's a mess, a step by step SOP written by people who have never done it with high penalties for any divergence in method, I'd be deathly afraid if the bomb squad has procedures written in a similar fashion.

Swedish K likes this.
  6. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

Triple_facepalm.png