JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:D

Seattle cops' 2A argument in lawsuit v. city, DOJ an interesting point

When nearly one-tenth of the Seattle Police Department's commissioned officers yesterday filed a federal lawsuit against the city and the Department of Justice over the new federally-mandated use-of-force policy, they made an argument that the guidelines violated the Second Amendment, and gun rights advocates should pay attention to that.

<broken link removed>

Where is Mark Ferman when you need him?

lets face it, police are above the law. Kill and maim with impunity. Most of their rationale boils down to "I was afraid, so I had to shoot him 47 times!", and the courts and the judicial system buy it. The mentality is they can get away with anything, an arrogance beyond reason.

As Superchicken said to Fred "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it"

Last Edited:
Dave,

Probably should have bottom lined the dispute over UoF in your article, it didn't make sense until I started really reading up on the issue.

Yes, it's a mess, a step by step SOP written by people who have never done it with high penalties for any divergence in method, I'd be deathly afraid if the bomb squad has procedures written in a similar fashion.

Where is Mark Ferman when you need him?

lets face it, police are above the law. Kill and maim with impunity. Most of their rationale boils down to "I was afraid, so I had to shoot him 47 times!", and the courts and the judicial system buy it. The mentality is they can get away with anything, an arrogance beyond reason.

As Superchicken said to Fred "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it"

Triple_facepalm.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews