JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My post on the site:
From the posts it appears that the Seattle Center is following state preemption laws on open and concealed carry. Glad to see it and that the LEO's investigated and arrested a convicted felon for illegally possessing a firearm.
Good job all around.
I have a WA CPL and an OR CHL. You will never know I'm carrying as I don't ever open carry, even though legal under WA law.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

What would it have been if it was a legal CPL holder, being man handled in front of the crowd?

Open carry is legal in WA state without a CPL so s/he could then sue for damages. If concealed with a CPL then the same thing should happen.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

What would happen? Nothing.

After you massaged the blood back into your wrists from the tight handcuffs that had been placed on you but had been recently removed, moved your head and neck around back and forth, side to side to get some of the feeling back from where the LEOs boots and knees had been on them, brushed the dirt, trash and bits of small rocks off your clothes from where you where previously lying/pinned down, then you would probably be handed back your unloaded firearm with a few new scratches on it and your 2nd Amendment permission slip. Then you could be back to watching the fireworks. That is after the 30+ minute interrogation was over and the show was still going.

Sounds like Freedom! :s0009:

Open carry is legal in WA state without a CPL so s/he could then sue for damages. If concealed with a CPL then the same thing should happen.
Officer," I believed the defendant was a felon and that is why we beat hi....arrested him, detained him." "After we confirmed he was not a felon and boredum started setting in...Oops sorry, We returned him his weapon and his get-out-of-jail free card and let him go." :s0112:

Sorry, I'll stop.:s0064:

Bad guy gets arrested...GOOD.

Now, isn't it LEGAL to be carrying at the Seattle Center, since it's not a federal building/court/school? I hate going to seattle, hate seattle center even more, but I carry every time. Am I some sort of rule breaker?

I don't care about their regulations, they are not responsible for my safety, I am. If it's LAW, then I will just steer clear of that hellhole seattle.

Put him through the BS and find out later he was a felon...
Ohh yea that sounds about like Seattle...
and
.Portland, Eugene, SF, LA, NY, Chicago.................

I don't see the problem? If he's carrying concealed (poorly in this case), the police are allowed to ask for his CPL. At that point, he either doesn't have one or he is flagged as a felon. It's an arrest either way.

Not to mention that the crowd at the NYE fireworks aren't exactly choir boys. Judging from my past brief experience attending a function at the Space Needle, the Seattle Center on NYE looked like a felons night out.

There is probably a very high correlation between tucking your gun into your waistband and being a felon. Not to mention an idiot.

Very minimal detail in the article. It could have gone down totaly legit, and it could have been a gross violation of his rights. It really depends on what actually happened, and how the police got their informaiton.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top