JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was watching the news this evening and saw a butch of anti/moonbats on the tube squawking and squallering about how it's wrong that the Seattle PD wants drones.

For once, I agree with them.

WTH does a simple PD need with drones? We're not the UK. It's like they want to make this shift from police to big brother overseers.

What are the chance the folks in Seattle will let this happen? What are the chances it will slowly infect the rest of the state like a cancer?

Is it wrong that I saw their drones and immediately wished I had them for scouting for deer?

<broken link removed>

MV5BMTM1MzU2MjA2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzgwMDkwMw@@._V1._SX640_SY770_.jpg

MV5BMTM1MzU2MjA2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzgwMDkwMw@@._V1._SX640_SY770_.jpg

Supposedly Portland already has drones. They have been reported in the Oregonian a couple of times now. Apparently the police expect to use them for surveillance and S&R only, who knows? Big Brother is here.

I understand that Seattle now has drones! Think of them as moving targets :)

I have heard that PDX already has them..

Portland is the maker of the Shackled lined rail cars made for Femma.. ( if your one to believe in such things) <broken link removed>

I hate drones. Police Do not need nor should they have drones. One big step to a stronger police state and more of big brother watching you.

I can see a good reason for PPD's SERT team to have a drone for recon. I see this as a life saving device that will keep our officers safe. All they need are the little remote controlled hand held ones with cameras that launch by tossing them into the air.

No they don't. They aren't in afghanistan. They aren't clearing buildings with full auto toys...

Oh wait, I think Jose Guerena might argue that point. IF he were still breathing.

Either way, this is another way they can expand their control, and their abilities to look into our lives whenever they feel like it, it's disturbing. Now, more than ever, there needs to be more "civilian" control of the police.

I think it's time for community review boards to be setup to monitor and control police action.

Pull!! Boom!

Seriously though - how are you to determine which ones are "police issue", which ones are the techie neighborhood peeping tom, and how many are "police issue" being used without a warrant by a pervert cop?.

You could really have some fun if you could figure out what frequency they are operating on. Unless they operate on some secret freq they may be on nothing more than one of the standard frequencies assigned to radio control airplanes.

Here we are in an economy that is close to depression levels and the money is still being spent by government like it grows on trees. Someone needs to shut off the pipeline, they have no clue that the rest of us are not flush with cash. Drones can you imagine the cost. Then every police department in the state will want the same stuff so they can mate them and have more little drones. Another example of the tax revenue users not being in touch with the revenue stream or caring for that matter.

You could really have some fun if you could figure out what frequency they are operating on. Unless they operate on some secret freq they may be on nothing more than one of the standard frequencies assigned to radio control airplanes.

Or use your own armed drone with CC camera for a fun dogfight

Seriously though - how are you to determine which ones are "police issue", which ones are the techie neighborhood peeping tom, and how many are "police issue" being used without a warrant by a pervert cop?.

I'd answer that with a question. "Does it matter?"

If a neighbor wants to complain about me downing their remote controlled toy, they'll probably take 10 seconds to think about just how I brought it down, put their heads down and return to their homes with their mouths shut and their palms sweaty.

Ditto the "others."

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top