JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seattle Metro bus riders overtake man robbing a passenger at gunpoint | World news | theguardian.com

The guy with the glasses is lucky he didn't get shot.. Very quick reflexes and some potential martial art skills where he maneuvered the man's arm in a position which resulted in him losing power of his hand and dropping the gun .. It all happened so fast it's hard to even tell how exactly the robber managed to lose control of his weapon. However, had he had done one thing wrong, he would have had a bullet in his face or gut. The robber also was caught offguard and didn't expect such a quick lunge from a guy who looked almost docile and harmless.

Had a trained person with a firearm been on the bus, very likely this idiot robber would have had his brains handed to him as he so carelessly and naively went around pointing his gun at various passengers. He obviously figured he was going up against cowardly people who would not resist him and who would also be unarmed.

Robbing all the passengers on a bus of their phones is not the easiest feat to pull off.

The biggest problem I see with drawing and using your CC in this scenario is the difficulty of finding a safe backdrop in a moving vehicle full of people and no walls that would stop a stray shot. That brick wall backdrop could turn into a school or home in a matter of seconds. Guess that would be the place for an "under penetrating" round.

Judas Priest... with all that flurry of activity, it's a miracle the gun did not discharge...wow! I suspect many of us might react the same way. Suddenly having a gun in your face as opposed to having it pointed at you from a distance. I'll bet the yahoo was tanked on something and, as Sstrand points out, sadly, is probably out and shopping for a replacement firearm :angry:

The robber pleaded not guilty and Jessie Jackson is probably on the way to defend him for being mob attacked by those who have "white privilege", as Jackson calls it. :rolleyes: The liberal Seattle government will probably apologize to the robber and charge the guy who attacked the robber with assault.

This guy was just strolling down the aisle, gun out, robbing people. Talk about living in condition white. How could you not notice what was coming? Geeze, pay attention folks.

Well, once Seattle's new "gun free zone" takes full effect, situations like these simply cannot happen. Then, the sheeple's in The Land of Oz can resume a life of staring myopically into one's i-pad, oblivious to their surroundings, secure in knowing all is well. :s0140:

Poor guy . . . just innocently walking down the aisle robbing people of their property and these bigots attack him.

Maybe his Obama phone ran out of minutes . . .

Sheldon

This is just what I would have done but I would have had him on radar the second he stepped on board, and the second the gun came out to threaten another passenger, (as you saw in the video) a side on head shot. Very little chance of collateral damage

Blitz
This brings up a question: IF you are right handed and armed shouldn't you be sitting with your left side toward the front? . . . (Assuming the perp will be entering the front of the bus.)
It seems like your draw would attract less attention and you would have surprise in your favor. In other words if the hero had been armed I think he was sitting of the wrong side.
Since he was unarmed I think he was in the right position.

Sheldon

The biggest problem I see with drawing and using your CC in this scenario is the difficulty of finding a safe backdrop in a moving vehicle full of people and no walls that would stop a stray shot. That brick wall backdrop could turn into a school or home in a matter of seconds. Guess that would be the place for an "under penetrating" round.

If you are a daily bus rider, I would think carrying Glaser rounds or other some other type of low velocity, heavy frangible or expanding round would be a good choice for your carry gun.

Blitz
This brings up a question: IF you are right handed and armed shouldn't you be sitting with your left side toward the front? . . . (Assuming the perp will be entering the front of the bus.)
It seems like your draw would attract less attention and you would have surprise in your favor. In other words if the hero had been armed I think he was sitting of the wrong side.
Since he was unarmed I think he was in the right position.

Sheldon

If he came on board I might draw slowly and have it my hand but concealed before I acted, but yes the closer you are to a proper firing stance before you act the less chance the orc can react in time. Bystanders usually are so "oblivion" that they might never notice if you had to subsequently reholster without firing, as long as you had a raincoat or something in your lap to conceal your actions. Thinking quickly on your feet is a skill set known to most successful fighters. Also if you have the acumen, firing from a lower position allows a trajectory up beyond bystanders. the downside is it may limit your mobility if you need to move

Unarmed I would react to him in my face with whatever hand was forward for me, since the concepts I teach are ambi. But what is essential is to get that barrel offline of your anatomy, to control it and make positive forward pressure until you can disarm him. Retention is very difficult when the wrist of the gunner goes inwards

Having said that I despise public transit

If you are a daily bus rider, I would think carrying Glaser rounds or other some other type of low velocity, heavy frangible or expanding round would be a good choice for your carry gun.

Problem is some of them are low penetration and don't get to the vitals. It's a personal choice but I carry a Magsafe in the chamber and fast JHPs in the mags. A Magsafe or Glaser solidly in the head is a nightmare blow which has been described elsewhere so I'll pass here

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top