JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saturday, Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan, a former federal prosecutor, signed a "Civil Emergency Order". The Order prohibits "possessing, transporting ... any weapon" in the entire core downtown area of the city. So, in other words, residents, business owners, and workers who live or work in this large area are stripped of their right to effective self-defense or defense of others because it's really dangerous there now due to the criminal actions of Antifa/BLM and other rioters, arsonists, and looters. The Order has no expiration date and the mayor claims as her authority SMC 10.02.020, which she apparently thinks trump the state and federal constitutions.

And even though most of the violence in Seattle is concentrated in the core downtown area the entire city with a population of more than 740,000 is also under a 5 PM to 5 AM curfew.

I do not understand this.

Let us say that a person lived downtown and they have a gun in their home for self defense.

How can they be stripped of this right if someone breaks into their HOME and the CRIMINAL may want to murder you aka THE VICTIM, plus burn it all down?

The mayor is telling people that they can't conceal or open carry a handgun or have one in their truck or car too?

That curfew and the times stated for it makes NO sense too.

Confused Old Lady Cate

Just another bad decision for Mayor Durkin...

On the other hand, she's been putting on a clinic of what not to do since she was elected.

Not claiming to be a armchair anything. Maybe you meant to address me...maybe you didn't, but here is my $0.02....

Voting for a person to represent me/us is..... The American way. Majority rules. But, laws must also be Constitutional.

Yeah.....but we still have our share of TRYANTS and IDIOTS. Such is democracy. And, tar and feathers is frowned upon.

And so.....
While we're at it....look who gets to vote? And also, we vote by mail and dead people get to vote. Jeez... I figure that my vote was useless looooong ago. LOL....try being married to a Liberal/Democrat. Well currently, she's an EX-. But, I still participate and vote.

Wanna throw a REVOLUTION?

Well, play stupid games and......

So then......
When will I reach that point?

Well, I ain't saying here on an internet forum. The Government is probably listening. LOL.

Aloha, Mark
I understand the fear of voter fraud but there is NO credible data showing it to be an issue. The best study done examining over 1 Billion votes found 31 credible Instances that COULD have been fraud. Other data supports this insignificant rate. Personally I'm much more afraid of electronic voter machines.

Personally I'm much more afraid of electronic voter machines.

From what I've seen, over the course of a long life, I'm more afraid of the ease with which public opinion can be manipulated. Spend enough money on political ads on media, enough people are going to buy your line of drivel and vote your way. Those who would "Nerf" the world in order to gain a false sense of security also have a near monopoly on educating the young.

I understand the fear of voter fraud but there is NO credible data showing it to be an issue. The best study done examining over 1 Billion votes found 31 credible Instances that COULD have been fraud. Other data supports this insignificant rate. Personally I'm much more afraid of electronic voter machines.

No credible data shows the scam is working

EXACTLY the right response.
There are at least a couple of Constitutions and a bevy of state laws between her, a mayor, and this kind of authority.

Sounds like a Hail Mary play... just go ahead and say it out loud, mayor. Maybe one or two people will take it seriously. Does anyone actually listen to bureaucratic verbal vomit anymore?

Stop acting like a Ruler and we may let you keep your head.

OK Stomper, I'll accept that since You provided an example and not an assertion without evidence. Clearly that was a flawed implementation. You should however not ignore information such as this: The Vulnerabilities of Our Voting Machines

or: Mystery of missing votes deepens as Congress investigates Georgia
Or the many other examples of in person voting that have significant issues.

I'd MUCH prefer to physically go to the polls to vote, then have the votes counted in front of all parties involved. But.... anytime you have human beings involved in ANYTHING, there'll ALWAYS be some schmoe(s) trying anything to cheat and win.... vigilance is mandatory, and the constituency has been asleep for FAR too long.

Last Edited:
I'd MUCH prefer to physically going to the polls to vote, then have the votes counted in front of all parties involved. But.... anytime you have human beings involved in ANYTHING, there'll ALWAYS be some schmoe(s) trying time cheat to win.... vigilance is mandatory, and the constituency has been asleep for FAR too long.
I agree 100%.
the goal should be easy voting access to all ELIGIBLE voters with reliable counting of the votes.
To achieve this, we need to be honest and aware of all the actual issues so those problems can be solved.

31 out of 1 billion? No. No system is that pure and foolproof. 100,000 out of 1 billion might be realistic. Even 1 million out of a billion (0.1%) is believable. 31 out of 1 billion? No way that's even credible.

You have your fear.

I have my sources/info that tell me that voting fraud has and will probably continue if things are left as they are. Improvements can be made. And, for the record I don't think/believe that mail in votes will "HELP" to combat the fraud. THAT is IMHO....NOT an improvement.

"COULD have been fraud??"

Dead Voters Voting In Chicago- Failure To Clean Up Voter Rolls Allowing Mistakes & Fraud. A CBS2 investigation in Chicago has shown that some dead citizens have had votes cast in their name after the date they died. In some cases, dead citizens have been on record as voting for decades.

Oh but.....Fake News Media. Rrrrright........

Dead Voters Voting In Chicago- Failure To Clean Up Voter Rolls Allowing Mistakes & Fraud

Whatever.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR