JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like to have a judge like that down here, but it sounds like they need him more up there...

Calderon obviously needs a permanent space in a psych ward.

I am all for personal redemption. I've seen it with my own two eyes. The minority, of course, but still I have faith.

That said, there are some human garbage that should not be among us. Someone with 70 convictions that would harm a baby in such manner would be a fine example. I am reminded of the words of Juan Domingo de Monteverde: "Four walls are three too many for a prison — you only need one for an execution." ¡Fuego! :mad:

80/20 rule

20% of the criminals are involved in 80% of the crime and 80% of those criminals have outstanding warrants against them.

The authorities know where many of these criminals are, or are likely to be, or with some searching can find them. Some police departments used to have special squads to find and arrest these criminals because it cut way down on crime to have them in jail, even for the short time before they make bail again (assuming they make bail after not showing up for trial/etc.).

But then the public complains about crime on the streets, so the mayor directs the police to put more 'feet on the beat' to show a police presence to take the heat off the mayor. Cops get pulled off the warrant squad and crime goes back up. Also, the jails and courts are less crowded. So everybody is "happy" - the public is happy that they see more cops (even though crime goes up), the mayor is happy because it appears that he/she is doing something, the judges are happy since their case load goes down, the jailers are happy because their workload goes down and they aren't getting sued for overcrowding, the prosecutors are happy because their workload goes down.

We don't know if the coffee was hot. If it was, the father probably would have seen to the baby or rushing to the hospital instead of messing with the guy. BTW, I know Ed. I remember him having very liberal views. Glad he can give such impartial sentences.

If that was my child he would be dead.
Laws be damned.. there are things you just dont do. Hurting children is one of them.

Temporary defensive insanity is a real thing and when your child is under attack, things happen. Its a primal response.

His DNA should not walk this earth.

Yeah, what was once normal to me, now fills me with disdain... feels good when I'm back home.
I only go there to make money as well now... but taking a paycut almost sounds better the more I deal with in town.
Also have family, but I think even they prefer to come to me. :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top