JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As long as Seattle continues it's law non-enforcement I'm afraid we will read more stories like these. :(

I have no words for this.
I would sue the city, DA, Mayor, Governor, not to mention ending this guys reign of terror.

Saddest thing is, he is one of many
Why bother? They are totally protected from being held responsible for their negligence.
This POS needs to have a run in with an armed citizen to settle his hash
once and for all.
Dad should have curb-stomped him.

Last Edited:
'Dad held him until police arrived'
I'm pretty sure I know what this dad would have been doing 'until police arrived'

The revolving door of contemporary American jurisprudence. How many times do we read about people having been convicted repeatedly of DUI, only to go out, do it again, and kill someone. Why is the upward limit so elusive?

Or how about the bail system? You go to the post office and read the federal wanted posters. 90% of them are about "flight to avoid prosecution." Meaning, they were already in custody. Got out on bail and disappeared. Just like illegal immigration hearings but that's another story.

The revolving door of contemporary American jurisprudence. How many times do we read about people having been convicted repeatedly of DUI, only to go out, do it again, and kill someone. Why is the upward limit so elusive?

Or how about the bail system? You go to the post office and read the federal wanted posters. 90% of them are about "flight to avoid prosecution." Meaning, they were already in custody. Got out on bail and disappeared. Just like illegal immigration hearings but that's another story.

The issue is, "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law"... therefore in most cases being released on bail is available. That being said, when there's a clear pattern of recidivism involving violent assault there SHOULD be a mandatory denial of bail-bond release.

I have no words for this.
I would sue the city, DA, Mayor, Governor, not to mention ending this guys reign of terror.

Saddest thing is, he is one of many

Sadly the voters there have decided they support having a bunch of people like him roaming the streets, and paying them to do so. For one victim to sue they would have to have a LOT of money behind them and it would still go nowhere. First the victim would have to hire lawyers and pay. No Lawyer would take it free as they know it's a loser. Since the City has an army of lawyers already and they just take it to the same judges who allow this. Only way this ever changes is voters. The voters so far do not seem intererested in stopping this.

"Mr. Calderon is being released without conditions on the felony charge," King County District Court Judge Anne Harper said. "He has been filed in Seattle Municipal Court on a misdemeanor charge ... he remains detained but not on the felony. That is by decision of King County Prosecutor's Office and Seattle City Attorney."

Calderon received a yearlong jail sentence for his previous attack after Municipal Court Judge Ed McKenna rejected a plea deal agreed to by the prosecutor and public defender that would have sentenced Calderon to 30 days in jail and a treatment program. After that case, Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes and Director of Public Defense Anita Khandwlwal called for McKenna's resignation, citing "our shared concern that you are disregarding your duty to act with impartiality and integrity."

The movie Law Abiding Citizen comes to mind.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top