JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Delusional? the name calling

Sorry

129191434233162503_zpsf223c7c6.jpg

Wasn't there an issue with some of the Seattle area libraries a few years ago where they had all the outside cameras removed because they didn't want to impinge on the rights of muggers ? I guess the library had a two-pronged strategy: disarm the customers and enable the predators.

Excellent. :nuts:

yes, that would be the county library system. seattle libraries have no external cameras

I really hope you guys are joking about the AR and AK in a library.

I was, guess I needed an emoticon :s0001: to point that out!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

The WA preemption law states that any law more restrictive then the State law can not be made and is void from it's inception.

RCW 9.41.290
State preemption.

The state of Washington hereby fully occupies and preempts the entire field of firearms regulation within the boundaries of the state, including the registration, licensing, possession, purchase, sale, acquisition, transfer, discharge, and transportation of firearms, or any other element relating to firearms or parts thereof, including ammunition and reloader components. Cities, towns, and counties or other municipalities may enact only those laws and ordinances relating to firearms that are specifically authorized by state law, as in RCW 9.41.300, and are consistent with this chapter. Such local ordinances shall have the same penalty as provided for by state law. Local laws and ordinances that are inconsistent with, more restrictive than, or exceed the requirements of state law shall not be enacted and are preempted and repealed, regardless of the nature of the code, charter, or home rule status of such city, town, county, or municipality.
And I know Dave knows that very well! :s0155:

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Note to Seattle hoplophobes: gun owners have civil rights, too

When two of the four major network affiliates in Seattle – KIRO (CBS) and KOMO (ABC) – look at the change in the Seattle public library's policy on firearms as they are doing today, one might think there is something up.

<broken link removed>

i understand what you're saying but let me interject this small but important point: the Seattle library board is somewhat autonomous from the City of Seattle. its policies and autonomy is granted them in the RCW. their Rules of Conduct were created by Board action....so its revision required Board action, ergo the formality to reverse, confirm and acknowledge that which is recognized as State pre-emption when it comes to firearms regulation

But, by the same token, they are to follow the State preemption laws, just like everyone else. They didn't have the right to create a law/rule that was more strict than State law. Doing so automatically made it null and void.

I not disputing that point. is that not apparent to you? I highlighted the library prohibition almost
10 yrs ago to the local gun community, posted on the forums, etc. hardly anyone wrote letters,
contested it, demonstrated or took legal action. I guess it just wasn't a high enough profile/win
for anyone. this latest move on the part of the library was because of Chan v Seattle filed
7+ yrs later.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads