JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seattle public libraries opt to obey the law…finally

The long-standing, and wholly illegal, ban on guns in Seattle’s public libraries comes to an end next week, according to Seattle Times columnist Danny Westneat, who reports today that the rule change was a long time coming, more than a year after a Second Amendment Foundation legal victory defending state preemption was allowed to stand by the State Supreme Court.

<broken link removed>

So...let me get this straight.

The city of Seattle "encourages" downtown business owners to go on a "Gun Free Zone" list yet the city library is pro-2A?

I mean, I'm glad....just...confused.

So...let me get this straight.

The city of Seattle "encourages" downtown business owners to go on a "Gun Free Zone" list yet the city library is pro-2A?

I mean, I'm glad....just...confused.

Nothing to be confused about.

The PUBLIC library is a public building, therefore, it falls under the guidelines of 9.41.290...cannot be part of a ban on public property that exceeds state legislative authority.

PRIVATE PROPERTY can ban firearms and Seattle officials can encourage them to do it. They just can't do it on city/public property, which the library happens to be.

Nothing to be confused about.

The PUBLIC library is a public building, therefore, it falls under the guidelines of 9.41.290...cannot be part of a ban on public property that exceeds state legislative authority.

PRIVATE PROPERTY can ban firearms and Seattle officials can encourage them to do it. They just can't do it on city/public property, which the library happens to be.

I get it....thanks for the clarification Dave.
I bet this totally irks the mayors office huh?

There are a handful of retreads that will do this and ruin it for everybody else.

Or a bunch of libs that will go down, buy an AR or AK, strap it on their shoulder and OC in a store to make us look like a bunch of morons.....False Flag Op.....while enjoying the photo-ops for Twitter and Facebook that they send to their liberal pals at the newspapers and CNN.

Wasn't there an issue with some of the Seattle area libraries a few years ago where they had all the outside cameras removed because they didn't want to impinge on the rights of muggers ? I guess the library had a two-pronged strategy: disarm the customers and enable the predators.

Excellent. :nuts:

Or a bunch of libs that will go down, buy an AR or AK, strap it on their shoulder and OC in a store to make us look like a bunch of morons.....False Flag Op.....while enjoying the photo-ops for Twitter and Facebook that they send to their liberal pals at the newspapers and CNN.

Blaming liberals masqurading as 2A activist, for making is look bad makes you as delusional as they are. We need to take responsibility for our own actions, individually and as a group. Pretending to be a victim of something other than our own stupidity, is just blame shifting, it's not productive. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Blaming liberals masqurading as 2A activist, for making is look bad makes you as delusional as they are. We need to take responsibility for our own actions, individually and as a group. Pretending to be a victim of something other than our own stupidity, is just blame shifting, it's not productive. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Bravo.
Good for you for stepping up to the plate with candor.

People in our own ranks screwed the pooch on the Starbucks thing, carrying long guns into coffee shops, and we all know it.

Some people say they are "making a statement." If you want to make a politial statement, rent a billboard.

I was amused that the Library Board "voted" to follow the law! Why thanks for doing your jobs and just following the law! Whatever would we do without people like that who "vote" for following the law?

I was amused that the Library Board "voted" to follow the law! Why thanks for doing your jobs and just following the law! Whatever would we do without people like that who "vote" for following the law?

i understand what you're saying but let me interject this small but important point: the Seattle library board is somewhat autonomous from the City of Seattle. its policies and autonomy is granted them in the RCW. their Rules of Conduct were created by Board action....so its revision required Board action, ergo the formality to reverse, confirm and acknowledge that which is recognized as State pre-emption when it comes to firearms regulation

Delusional? I'm in no way advocating responsible gun owners pack their rifles into any place like some did at Starbucks. That just makes us look stupid. But please, prior to the name calling and intellectual challenges, realize that these anti-2A activists would stop at nothing to further their agenda. If you disagree that they would actually do such a thing, then you're being naïve.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top