JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ELECTIONS MATTER!!!! WE VOTE FOR STATE SUPREME COURT JUSTICES.
WE NEED TO MAKE DARN SURE WE KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE AND WHAT THEY BELIEVE.
Only then can we make reasoned decisions about voting for or against...and we need to find some conservative candidates to run for these positions. People on the order of Jim Johnson and Richard Sanders...

WA Supremes Side With Seattle on 'Gun Violence Tax'

The Washington State Supreme Court on Thursday upheld the authority of the City of Seattle to impose a so-called "gun violence tax" on the sale of firearms and ammunition within city limits.

WA Supremes Side With Seattle on 'Gun Violence Tax' - Liberty Park Press

ELECTIONS MATTER!!!! WE VOTE FOR STATE SUPREME COURT JUSTICES.
WE NEED TO MAKE DARN SURE WE KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE AND WHAT THEY BELIEVE.
Only then can we make reasoned decisions about voting for or against...and we need to find some conservative candidates to run for these positions. People on the order of Jim Johnson and Richard Sanders...

LIKE + 1000 !!!!

Has there ever been a candidate for the State Supreme Court that was known to be pro-2a? Judging by the statements in the voters guide, they all seem to be studiously vague.

Richard Sanders was, as was IIRC Charles Johnson. Both long gone. :(

Assume anyone who doesn't declare for us is against us and doesn't have the balls to admit it. When In Doubt, THROW 'EM OUT!

Look for the GOAL-WA endorsements; they're in GOAL's Yahoo Group. Or check Washington Arms Collectors' in their newsletter and website.

Note the AG office did a LOT of work on BEHALF of the state of Washington. YES elections matter.

Do you suppose Rob McKenna would have been in the same camp as the current AG? (rhetorical question of course)

Washington State Courts - Opinions

Go read the decision http://www.courts.wa.gov/opinions/pdf/937231.pdf
>>>>
We affirm the trial court. Under Washington law, a charge intended to raise revenue for the public benefit is a tax.
While courts should be dubious of regulations masquerading as taxes (and vice versa), in this case Watson offers no convincing evidence that the Ordinance has a regulatory purpose or intent. It is a tax.
>>>>

I wonder what else will be taxed now in the name of "public benefit"?
This will set a precedent just like affordable health care act declared a tax.

~Whitney

Pay a tax on your 2nd Amendment right. So we should expect taxes on computers, phones and religions to speak freely. May we should pay a tax to insure our right to a fair and speedy trial, or avoid unreasonable searches and seizure.

Not only will there be new "taxes"............... I bet that within the next 6 months the "gun tax" will at least double and the ammo tax will at least quadruple.

Ray

According to the state supreme court, will it go any farther ? The vote was 8-1. God I am tired of these liberal judges.

You elect liberal governors, and you then get liberal judges appointed to office.

The sad fact is that many judges care more about their own political ideology, than they do the law and justice.

This certainly does open up a can of worms in Washington.

gext.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.smh.com.au%2F2012%2F03%2F30%2F3176392%2FLT-can-of-worms-art-420x0.jpg

We have to realize this blanket statement as the truth ,Politicians and government employees are a crime gang that Makes the MS13 gangs look like a Boy Scout troop. I read this in a comment section on a news post. I like it.

Other than Outdoor Emporium and Palace Pawn are there any gun stores even left in Seattle? I know Precise Shooter left town for Lynnwood I believe. I quit buying guns in the Emerald City the day this tax passed.

at least somebody gets it right

Arizona Supremes Tell Local Governments 'No' on Local Gun Laws

One week to the day after the Washington State Supreme Court okayed Seattle's so-called "gun violence tax" despite the Evergreen State's 34-year-old preemption law governing firearms regulation, the Arizona Supreme Court ruled that "cities, towns and counties have no right to enact their own gun regulations," the Arizona Daily Sun is reporting.

Arizona Supremes Tell Local Governments 'No' on Local Gun Laws - Liberty Park Press

Think I am ready to leave Washington state and the entire Pacific Northwest for good. The liberal fascists from California, New York, New Jersey, CHicago, etc are moving here in hordes and they are now taking over our state governments. It is sad, but it is inevitable. Sadly, the fascist, left-wing radicals are very attracted to the Northwest and it will be to the detriment of all our freedoms. I don't think many here are going to necessarily risk being killed by Local Law Enforcement or military who will come to enforce some of these far-reaching laws that Washington has put on the table, such as a new and improved Assault Weapon Ban I am reading about.

Unfortunately, the freedom-loving people have both become complacent (not voting in Washington, e.g.) , have left the state and/or outnumbered significantly by the Fascists who have moved here and now will dictate at gunpoint how we must live and use the Constitution as toilet paper, while they replace all our laws with the decrees of their fascist manifestos.

It breaks my heart.. I grew up in Oregon and lived in the Northwest my whole life. But, just as with a major hurricane that's headed your way, you would be a fool for saying it couldn't possibly happen to us. Sadly, I see a major legal hurricane on its way to strip us of our rights and the police and military will be utilized in this state to possibly incarcerate gun owners, just as is being done in California, but to a worse degree.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads