Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Seattle gun buy-back program announced

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by gearheadbill, Jan 9, 2013.

1. gearheadbill

gearheadbill Everett area Member

Just heard that Seattle will have a buy-back day, Sat Jan 26th, held under the freeway at 7th and James St. $100 gift card for handguns/rifles and $200 gift card for assault rifles.

Anybody know the rules about attending the buy-back 'scene' with offers to pay cash for the guns?

2. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

In Oregon, it's perfectly legal to attend and pay cash, don't know about Washington.

The last one in Portland had the press there, and they had an interview with the Portland Police public information officer who said it was completely legal. (Although it wasn't a very successful turn-in, I think there were more people standing nearby trying to buy them than there were people coming to turn in...)

Sirmohawk and (deleted member) like this.
  3. bradley

bradley salem area Member

Gee wally, I think we should take these guns we just paid $2800 for and sell them for $200 at this buy back day.

I bet that the same people selling their guns there are balancing the federal budget.

4. Shootnstuff

Shootnstuff Vancouver wa Member

I would love to park around the corner with a sign out (paying 350 for your assault rifle! )

chariot13 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. swwjeff

swwjeff Fort Vancouver, USA Active Member

Does anyone have info on this? I've got guns to turn in. I just need to know what condition they need to be in. If they can be useless rusted out non firing junk I can exchange for a $100 amazon gift card, I fully support this gun buy back program.

6. pchewn

pchewn Beaverton Oregon USA Well-Known Member

Gun buyback program annouced in Seattle/King County - seattlepi.com