JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just heard that Seattle will have a buy-back day, Sat Jan 26th, held under the freeway at 7th and James St. $100 gift card for handguns/rifles and $200 gift card for assault rifles.

Anybody know the rules about attending the buy-back 'scene' with offers to pay cash for the guns?

In Oregon, it's perfectly legal to attend and pay cash, don't know about Washington.

The last one in Portland had the press there, and they had an interview with the Portland Police public information officer who said it was completely legal. (Although it wasn't a very successful turn-in, I think there were more people standing nearby trying to buy them than there were people coming to turn in...)

Gee wally, I think we should take these guns we just paid $2800 for and sell them for $200 at this buy back day.

I bet that the same people selling their guns there are balancing the federal budget.

Does anyone have info on this? I've got guns to turn in. I just need to know what condition they need to be in. If they can be useless rusted out non firing junk I can exchange for a $100 amazon gift card, I fully support this gun buy back program.

Does anyone have info on this? I've got guns to turn in. I just need to know what condition they need to be in. If they can be useless rusted out non firing junk I can exchange for a $100 amazon gift card, I fully support this gun buy back program.

The first gun buyback event is scheduled for Saturday, January 26 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm in the parking lot underneath Interstate 5 between Cherry and James Streets in downtown Seattle. Seattle police also will be distributing trigger locks to people wanting to secure other guns safely.
The Seattle Police Department will also be distributing trigger locks for those who wish to secure their firearms safely. These will be available at each of the five precincts during normal business hours.
McGinn thanked sponsors – including Amazon, Pemco, the 5 Point Café and Big Mario's Pizza – for support of the campaign. He also said businesses or individuals who want to help should contact the Seattle Police Foundation. The Eli Lilly company also has contributed $1,500 in advertising, and McGinn said Nucor Steel has agreed to make an in-kind contribution and will melt down the guns turned in.
"The Sheriff's Office remains committed to providing a safe place for citizens to turn in guns they no longer want," Sheriff John Urquhart said. "It is a much better choice to remove an unwanted gun from your home than to leave it where it can be stolen and used in a crime."

Gun buyback program annouced in Seattle/King County - seattlepi.com

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top