JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2 Questions immediately pop up:eek:_O

1- since when does assumed guilty unless you can prove you're not, appear in the US or State Constitution?
2- according to the headline, it's the gun owner that needs to be kept in the safe.

Knock knock,..... who's there. We are here to inspect your weapons in your safe.

Silence,.....followed by footsteps... sound of a 12 gauge racking....., any questions ?

Last Edited:
"For me it's very simple," said Council President Bruce Harrell. "We are just trying to save one life at a time.

says the party of LATE TERM child abortion while they all scream.....
Roe V Wade today out of the other side of their mouths

says the party that ignores the blacks killing blacks at a wholesale level in sanctuary citiies Chiraq is more dangerous than afganistan and we are at war there

if it were not for double standards a democrat wouldnt have any standards what so ever.

If they want to save lots of lives they should pass a law for Safe Storage of Prescription Drugs. (put them under lock and key) That would save lots of kids. But then that would inconvenience them. We couldn't have now could we. These people are so worried about guns that they forget about all the things that would help more.

Seattle is also a sanctuary city. So, law-abiding citizens infringed upon. Illegal aliens, some of whom are very bad actors, are totally fine for the city council. Oh, and the city also has "safe injection sites" too. The inmates are running the asylum.

I honestly think our politics has devolved to the point where the political fault lines are no long on the traditional ones, but rather those that are clinically insane versus those who aren't. The leadership in the Emerald City is a fine example of said.

Seattle is also a sanctuary city. So, law-abiding citizens infringed upon. Illegal aliens, some of whom are very bad actors, are totally fine for the city council. Oh, and the city also has "safe injection sites" too. The inmates are running the asylum.

I honestly think our politics has devolved to the point where the political fault lines are no long on the traditional ones, but rather those that are clinically insane versus those who aren't. The leadership in the Emerald City is a fine example of said.

This is such a great description, and dead on.

What's defined as "in use"

Because damn, that's a large insane subjective hole.
I don't see anything about "in use" in the actual law. As best I can tell this law requires you to keep all guns in a safe as well as disabled with a lock, wiping out your ability to CC or actually use the gun for anything.

And that penultimate paragraph in the actual law means that if a bad guy steals a gun from you, even if you had the gun locked up, and bad guy harms someone, the harmed person can sue you for damages, and you will automatically be considered by the court to be at fault. Such civil suits could be for millions, and require only a preponderance of evidence, not evidence beyond reasonable doubt. So basically you are responsible for everything a gun of yours does, even if it was stolen from you and even if you broke no gun storage or any other laws.

Its totally insane.
I get the argument for responsible gun owners to be responsible. But the gun owners aren't going out and committing crimes with them. How about increasing the penalties for stealing guns? or committing crimes with guns? And when I say increase, I mean INCREASE.

Like drunk driving; when travelling overseas I was having a business dinner with business partners and they would not have so much as a teaspoon of beer with dinner, because a drunk driving conviction means you lose your license for life. Their culture has adjusted and drunk driving is unheard-of.

Liberals would lose their minds if we suggested to make the life without parole the penalty for stealing a gun, but I would support it. Oh...the irony of saying that a punishment for a criminal is cruel and unusual, but denying rights of the law abiding is somehow reasonable.

And about the ambiguity in the law, it will be interpreted by judicial precedence. So that means that the judge who decides individual cases will evolve the laws' application--except as a citizen I have no real say in who those judges are or what they decide. And that works in conjunction with district attorneys who choose which laws they are going to enforce, and which laws they are going to pay less attention to. It could be that 1639 passes and the DA only penalizes gun owners in highly visible, egregious cases. My guess is that such an outcome is probable, though filled with irony and injustice.

As if I needed any more reasons to avoid sh__hole Seattle. A pity, since it would have been fun to see the Mariners and actually have a chance to see them win a game or two.:(

Just a feel good law dressed up as a solution to a non-problem. Obviously getting heroin off the streets and away from our children is not the priority. In fact, they just give them free needles, injection sites and soon free heroin. The inmates are running the assylum.

The survey they quoted is interesting. Any of you guys respond to a survey that asks if you leave guns loaded and unlocked, and also abuse alcohol and also have mental health issues? Just imagine the type of person that would freely admit that to a stranger over the phone.

Oh the survey counts it unsafe if you have a loaded gun in a safe...because it was loaded....

I think I'm going to start a research firm and do BS surveys and sell the results to the highest bidder.

Survey was funded by Grandmothers against gun violence.

First you have your gun in a locked house bad guy breaks law by breaking into your locked house steals your gun (breaking law again) commits another crime with your gun and now you're the a$$hole not the bad guy who is breaking laws left and right. So now they want you to have you have your gun in a locked house and then in a locked safe with a lock on your gun.
These guys are dumber than a bag of crap. They have thrown out all reason and logic

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top