JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am applying for FF License (type 03 for Collector of Curios and Relics) and it looks I need to send a copy of my application to Seattle Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) Adrian Diaz. Has anyone from Seattle lately applied for FFL, and if so do you know to what address I should mail a copy of my application? The application itself does not seem too complicated and it costs only $30. It is just pain in the butt to run background check every time I buy a rifle, and since I want to start collecting WW1 and WW2 rifles, the best solution would be to get CCR-FFL. That would save me money that I have to pay for background check. Moreover, as someone who is not a citizen, my background check often gets delayed (in 5 times I got delayed 4 times and only once I got immediately approved, which happened just 10 days ago).

Cheers,

Dan

Yes, I Iive in Queen Anne and our CLEO is Adrian Diaz. I looked online and could not find any address except for some general addresses. Someone who recently applied for FFL and lives in Seattle will definitely know. One has to mail a copy to the CLEO via certified mail and submit the receipt of the certified mail with the application.

5F690456-D47B-44FF-942A-742346DABB11.jpeg E64649DB-76E2-4E7F-B009-7854DF35A2DA.jpeg

My point is that the regulation gives you options. Silencer Shop has sent my forms to different CLEOs than I use for my Form 1's and they have all been approved.
Here is the city limits we do not have much options. I will mail him a certified letter to the address above and will include the postal certificate with my application. Of course, I will also make a copy of the mailing certificate for my record.

Here is the city limits we do not have much options. I will mail him a certified letter to the address above and will include the postal certificate with my application. Of course, I will also make a copy of the mailing certificate for my record.
Are you speaking to CPL laws? Where is the requirement to only use the SPD chief?

Those ATF regs are for NFA forms, so I should have posted the other ones for FFL applications.
So where in any requirements do you see an obligation to choose the SPD chief instead of county sheriff, etc.?

Those ATF regs are for NFA forms, so I should have posted the other ones for FFL applications.
So where in any requirements do you see an obligation to choose the SPD chief instead of county sheriff, etc.?

1614712364813.png

Your CLEO is determined by your address. If you're in city limits, it's typically the Chief of Police for the department responsible for your location. If outside of city limits, your County Sheriff.

In the Part A of the application, question 18. Name of Chief Law Enforcement Officer, and then in the instructions for 18 it is explained. Since I live in a large city, it must be Chief Law Enforcement Officer. Nosferatu was 100% correct above. It is just hard o find his address, but someone already posted it above, so I am fine now. I will use that address. It is crazy how just a simple thing on this type of paperwork can be a hassle. Here in the City of Seattle (King County) everything related to firearms is generally more complicated, and sometime near impossible. For example, I have CPL issued here in Seattle 50 some months ago (will expire in about 10 months). I am required to change the address on my CPL because I moved to another address (still within Seattle). The only way to change the address is to go directly to the office that issued the CPL. They do not accept any online address change. The big problem is that that office is indefinitely closed (COVID excuse).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top