Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Seattle anti-gunners to meet; new poll on initiatives released

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

It would be nice if the Examiner would ditch those annoying "Lower My Bills" pop-up advertisements, which only serve to freeze my computer.

GrpCapMandrake likes this.
  3. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

Should be an exciting crowd. Hot topics to include where to find the lowest price on tofu in Ballard, and whether the new Prius is better than the old.

4. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I get the pop-ups but they don't freeze my computer. Yes, they are annoying, but I do understand that web site hosting isn't free. The advertisements is how they pay for the site. At least it isn't a pay site, and it does give us more information than the MSM does.

gaijinsamurai likes this.
  5. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Agree, Pirate. I respect the fact that nothing is free.
    On my home computer, it isn't a problem. My work computer is antiquated, and everyrime there's a pop-up like that, it freezes everything.

6. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

So... it looks like there's support for both? What happens if both initiatives pass? Fun times.

7. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

<Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel! Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Deleted, others already covered the pop ups. For some reason I can't delete the post.

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    Defender of Freedom Award
    NRA Recruiter
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

8. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

Let's hope it doesn't come to that but it would be an interesting scenario

9. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Speculation about this in Crosscut - maybe courts would decide. Some states have rules that say when there's a conflict between two initiatives, the one with the most votes prevails.

10. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Truth, lies and guerilla politics over gun control v. ‘gun safety’

Following yesterday’s launch by Michael Bloomberg of his $50 million “Everytown for Gun Safety” political machine, an enterprising team of gun rights activists struck preemptively by registering that name on Facebook, and today the Seattle P-I.com’s Joel Connelly put the dueling initiatives battle in Washington State in its proper perspective…

http://www.examiner.com/article/truth-lies-and-guerilla-politics-over-gun-control-v-gun-safety

FourTeeFive likes this.