JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since quite a few members here are veterans, I thought I pass along this little story, and reminder.

The occasion of installing a new engine in the wife's Tahoe necessitated a trip to Sears for a few tools my kid(s) decided should be in their toolbox instead of mine. As I'm paying for my stuff, the nice cashier said, "You eligible for a 20% veteran's discount if you want it". Dumbfounded, I said I didn't know that and I appreciate the discount, but how did she know I was a veteran?

She smiled and said "I don't think someone who is not a veteran would have "USMC" tattooed on their arm". (Since the weather's been warm I was wearing one of my Harley Davidson tank tops.)

"Oh, that makes sense", and added I also have my veteran's status officially noted on my driver's license if she needs to see that.

She explained to her knowledge this 20% veteran's discount is on tools only, but don't be afraid to ask for it if I'm buying something else.

Short story even shorter is this discount saved me about 40 bucks on this purchase alone. I almost always forget, but if you're a veteran go ahead and ask for it.

:s0042:

:s0106: :s0043:

Home Depot and Lowes in the PDX also honor the year round Veterans discount. Also, HD in Beaverton now has a parking spot labeled "Veteran parking"

Home Depot and Lowes in the PDX also honor the year round Veterans discount. Also, HD in Beaverton now has a parking spot labeled "Veteran parking"
Lowes has updated and now you have to have a I D card. If you have just a dd214 you can only use that on a few holidays.

Ditto on the veteran parking spots at the Jansen Beach Home Depot.

I just wish they would display something on the pavement as well as a sign...

It never fails that I get pulled halfway into those spots before I can read what it sayso_O

Vet Parking
Pro Parking
Disability Parking

It gets confusing to dumb people like myself:p

Enchanted Forest gives a discount. Got Two dollars off for myself and each family member last weekend.
Also Evergreen Aviation museum used to give a discount but I haven't been in years.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top